SASS Wire Forum

WTB Blunderbuss

This brings back some memories.  A friend had one when I was about 15, was hard to hit anything with it, but it was hella fun to shoot.  Just carried a can of black powder and stuffed it with rocks and leaves.  

I'd love to find one too. I've looked at the kits, but right now I need another project like a moose needs a hat rack. Seems like everything out there is either a toy or 3500 bucks+.

I forgot I even had this until I saw your post. I used to have it on a gun rack above my safe but a few years ago I put it in a case and slid it along side of the safe and forgot about it.   It is a Mindi made in Spain  Cal 24  which I am told is 58cal  I just learned that recently  I have never fired or attempted to fire it  The fitment looks good the blue is rich and in very fine condition the case color is grate  there is a serial number on the breach  the brass work look  great    Looks to be unfired to me and is how I got it 30 or so years ago!

IMG_1664.thumb.jpeg.5cd325f113b0b4e05f0e088b43688e5c.jpegIMG_1665.thumb.jpeg.b6bdd4905bfe5c194c12f5dd2023137b.jpeg

Edited by Wild Willi
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Wild Willi said:

I forgot I even had this until I saw your post. I used to have it on a gun rack above my safe but a few years ago I put it in a case and slid it along side of the safe and forgot about it.   It is a Mindi made in Spain  Cal 24  which I am told is 58cal  I just learned that recently  I have never fired or attempted to fire it  The fitment looks good the blue is rich and in very fine condition the case color is grate  there is a serial number on the breach  the brass work look  great    Looks to be unfired to me and is how I got it 30 or so years ago!

IMG_1664.thumb.jpeg.5cd325f113b0b4e05f0e088b43688e5c.jpegIMG_1665.thumb.jpeg.b6bdd4905bfe5c194c12f5dd2023137b.jpeg

Looking at those 2 pictures makes my head hurt 

Is that a lefty or righty ?

• Like 1

IMG_1664.thumb.jpeg.90de76ef4cbe51cf7e88403f4c1aef85.jpegIt’s right hand. I guess I mirrored that one pic by mistake. I thought this pard would be interested but I guess not. It is the only blunderbus I ever came across. 
ww

Edited by Wild Willi
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Wild Willi said:

IMG_1664.thumb.jpeg.90de76ef4cbe51cf7e88403f4c1aef85.jpegIt’s right hand. I guess I mirrored that one pic by mistake. I thought this pard would be interested but I guess not. It is the only blunderbus I ever came across. 
ww

That is cool as all git out! 

19 hours ago, Wild Willi said:

ww

In Happy Trails' defense, you never actually said you were selling it or how much you wanted for it. Unless you sent him a private message stating so.

It is a cool looking gun.

Angus