SASS Wire Forum

Robert Ruark wrote a novel, "Something of Value", that was based on the MauMau uprising.  Does that count?

no i was a kid when it started and i had relatives in korea then that we were hearing of , by 1960 i was thinking on girls and just getting exposed to politics - not those / ours , i didnt get into british arms beyond the single rifle , mkIII  my father bought me in about 56/57 so i was not thinking on this back then , what is it that your asking about exactly ? 

I remember it and learned about a bit of it from my cousin's husband who did some of his National Service there with the East Kent's.

It was pretty brutal.

The Brits are having the same problem with revisionist history that we are.  Young Brits are being taught Winston Chruchill was a vile rotten man because of the way he put people of color (MauMaus) in concentration camps and tortured them.  They are also taught Chruchill was responsible for the famine in India during WWII that killed millions.

Edited by Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2