SASS Wire Forum

I like that gun choice

Alpo

They had an NCIS/NCIS New Orleans crossover. Longmire's daughter was a Russian spy. And she carried a Makarov.

Year or so later they've got another NCIS/NCIS New Orleans crossover. And again they have Longmire's daughter as the Russian spy. Apparently she broke out of prison. And she's still carrying a Makarov.

That's not the greatest choice of firearms in the world. More powerful than a 380 but weaker than a Luger. In this day and age of double stacks it only holds 8 rounds.

I wonder if it was someone in the upper echelon of the NCIS show that decided she would carry that, or if maybe the actress was in props being outfitted, and she pointed and said, "Eva is Russian and that gun is Russian so she needs to carry that"?

i owned two in that caliber , one was very small easy carry size but i hated what it did to my hand wjhen i shot it so i sold it , the other was a CZ82 , we still havve it but my wife kinda decided it was hers being od check decent 

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

That's not the greatest choice of firearms in the world. More powerful than a 380 but weaker than a Luger. In this day and age of double stacks it only holds 8 rounds.

I wonder if it was someone in the upper echelon of the NCIS show that decided she would carry that, or if maybe the actress was in props being outfitted, and she pointed and said, "Eva is Russian and that gun is Russian so she needs to carry that"?

Double stacks need bigger hands.

• Like 2

I suppose that's true, but on the four iterations of the show I've seen - original, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Hawaii - all the female agents carry double stack 9 mm. Does not seem to cause them a problem. And, since this is Longmire's daughter, on Longmire's show Vic carries a double stack while Walt carries a single stack.

14 hours ago, Alpo said:

I have an East German Makrov, 100% reliable and accurate.  And like most blow back guns, it has some snap to the recoil.  May not be the greatest choice these days, but it's certainly not the worst choice either.  Used to be able to get them for about $200.00

Edited by Chantry

If my memory serves, the East German are the most desirable. Not necessarily the best, but the most desirable, and therefore the most valuable.

I used to have a Bulgarian, before the burglary.

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

I suppose that's true, but on the four iterations of the show I've seen - original, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Hawaii - all the female agents carry double stack 9 mm. Does not seem to cause them a problem. And, since this is Longmire's daughter, on Longmire's show Vic carries a double stack while Walt carries a single stack.

Actors would not have a problem.

Apparently I misunderstood.

I was talking about the actress and her choice of gun for the role. And you responded that a single stack was easier to handle. I assume that you were talking about "easier to handle for an actress who would normally have smaller hands than a actor". So I responded that none of the other actresses seem to have a problem. If they are not having problems, because they are actresses, then she should not have a problem because she is also an actress.

13 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Double stacks need bigger hands.

Maybe so but apparently Wtab Kid needs smaller ones. 

Seamus