SASS Wire Forum

1887 IAC what are they going for now?

Sounds fair for a stock IAC, though I believe in the SASS community the new 87s being imported by Cimarron will really drive down the value of the IACs.  I just picked up a new Cimarron 1887 from my FFL, with shipping and transfer fee the total was right at $700 out the door.

Edited by July Smith

13 minutes ago, July Smith said:

Sounds fair for a stock IAC, though I believe in the SASS community the new 87s being imported by Cimarron will really drive down the value of the IACs.  I just picked up a new Cimarron 1887 from my FFL, with shipping and transfer fee the total was right at $700 out the door.

Don't care for the flat blk finish on the Cimarron! My IAC has a very nice, blued finish looks much better! V.D.

Yes I agree the blue finish on the IAC is better looking than the matte Cimarron.  I am just pointing out that there are dealers on gunbroker right now with brand new Cimarrons with an opening bid of around $600.  That price point is really hard to beat for a functional 87.  The other Chinese clones of the 87 are pretty well known for not being even functional right out of the box.  

Edited by July Smith

15 minutes ago, July Smith said:

Yes I agree the blue finish on the IAC is better looking than the matte Cimarron.  I am just pointing out that there are dealers on gunbroker right now with brand new Cimarrons with an opening bid of around $600.  That price point is really hard to beat for a functional 87.  The other Chinese clones of the 87 are pretty well known for not being even functional right out of the box.  

When I bought my IAC I took it to the range and put 25 RDS through it and it worked flawless the action is like it's had an action job and the trigger has zero creep and it has a five pound pull, I could not believe it for a gun right out of the box!

4 hours ago, Von Dutch, SASS # 7995 said:

OH SORRY so its old and worn out in the box after 25 rds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LNIB = like new in box might be the way to go. 

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Much depends on the prefix to the serial number. 

Any under 06 is sketchy in QC.

It has a good serial #

4 hours ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

LNIB = like new in box might be the way to go. 

If I was selling here LNIB is the way I would have posted it!

• Like 1