SASS Wire Forum

Richie Cunningham's tattoo

Alpo

If you wanted to draw a picture on skin, in color, that you could then rub off with a dry handkerchief, what would you use?

There was a Happy Days episode. Richie was lusting after this girl, and while he's talking to her he sees that she's paying more attention to this busboy's arm. He has a tattoo of a flag on his bicep.

Richie knew that his parents would never let him get a tattoo - obviously the girl liked tattoos - so somebody (Potsie? Fonzie? It's been a while) drew a picture of a large mouth bass on his arm.

But when he showed it to her it didn't impress her. So he questioned her intense staring at the busboy. She said it was because of where it was - whenever he moved his arm his bicep moved and made the flag wave, and she thought that was kind of neat, so that's why she was watching it. But she liked Richie and he did not need to have a tattoo. So he pulls out his handkerchief and rubbed his arm and hands her the handkerchief with the ink smear on it and the tattoo is gone. He told her that he was giving her his tattoo.

Now before someone informs me that it was Hollyweird and it's not real and they can do anything they want to on television, they still had to have something drawn on his arm that he could wipe off with the handkerchief. So what would you use? It seems like any type of ink would dry too quickly, especially under studio lights.

Crayon?

Studio lights would make it soft, so they would have had to shoot the scene quickly!

CJ

Pilot Razor Point felt tip pens.  Comes in permanent and wash off with water types and four colors: black, red, green. and blue.  They used to have purple, yellow, and orange too, but I don't see them any more.  They also have about five sizes of tips.

my thought as well - that stuff can make most anything look good or bad as needed , and the artist that applies it has talent , today i would say it was all done by the digital equipment ,