SASS Wire Forum

The Battle at Athens

That was a WOW moment for me. Had never heard of it! Sad to think we could head that way again. 

Surprisingly, the incident wasn’t even mentioned in classes in Tennessee schools when I attended!!

I learned about it from some biker friends who were members of the Outlaws MC after I got out of school. They were talking about it one night in a club down in Nashville where a band I hung out with was playing.

• Like 1

there were a number of events over the years like that , the army was called in to quell a coal mine labor dispute and some folks got machine gunned 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, watab kid said:

there were a number of events over the years like that , the army was called in to quell a coal mine labor dispute and some folks got machine gunned 

That was "Bloody Ludlow."  Then there was the West Virginia Coal Mine War, with Blair Mountain and Matawan.

I've posted several times about Athens, usually in late July or early August.  It has some similarities to situations now.

• Like 2

thanks i couldnt recall the events as clearly as you , its always good to keep these things in mind lest we be doomed to relive them , and yes i see some similarities , 

i also see similarities in a lot of the political rhetoric these days to hitler/stalin/marx , and not necessarily from those that are being blamed as much as those doing the blaminh , i do not want to relive those times nor do i want my grandkids to do so , it will be nice when this year is over , 

we cannot tolerate terrorism , we cannot tolerate a totalitarian government , and we definitely need to stop all the bigotry and DEI crap that is currently demonizing certain segments of our population , all of it leads to things like those you just mentioned , 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1