SASS Wire Forum

A comparison of Israeli and Russian armies

Stolen from the web.

main-qimg-679851311e21af7853fd5e181c51bd00

In Israel, neither generals, nor marshals, nor ministers are given medals.

Orders and medals are given only to soldiers and officers who participated in combat.

• On the left is the General of the Israel Defence Forces. Military experience - 48 years.
  • On the right is the Russian Minister of Defense. Didn't even serve in the army.

Both Russia and Israel have compulsory military service. But in Russia, only men have to serve. In Israel, both men and women serve in the army.

• In Russia, draftees must serve 12 months in the army. Most of the time Russian draftees build countryside homes for generals and officers; they don’t train much in their military specialty (which is supposed to be the goal of the draft).
  • In Israel, the term of service depends on your marital status and gender. Men drafted since July 2015 serve 32 months, with some roles requiring an additional 4 months of Permanent service. Women serve 24 months. Married women and mothers with kids are exempt from the draft.
  • Only 4% of the Russian army are women (1.9% of officers). Women serve on a contract, predominantly in non-combat roles.
  • 34% of those serving in the Israeli Defence Forces are women, including 23% of all officers. 92% of the IDF's jobs are open to women.

The efficiency and style of combat of Russian and Israeli military differ greatly.

• When Russia decided to mobilize 300,000 reservists in September 2022, it took them over 2 months.
  • When Israel called up 300,000 reservists in October 2023, it took them 2 days.
  • Russia is sending thousands of soldiers daily into “meat attacks”: soldiers complain that they are given a gun and 2 rounds of ammunition, and told to storm enemy positions and “get other weapons from the enemy”. Those soldiers who refuse to go to the attack, are either shot on the spot by commanders or thrown into a “hole”. As a result, Russia is losing 500–1,400 people daily at the front.
  • Israel takes utmost care to protect lives of its personnel. In 3 months of war against Hamas since October 7, IDF lost 509 personnel.

“The Russian army is untrainable,” says Yigal Levit, an Israeli Defense Forces officer and military analyst.

main-qimg-df63137fd9fafe59316b20c5fb6c0838

“Middle and senior level commanders of the Russian army are untrainable. The Russian army is clumsy, inflexible, and therefore they are doing very poorly trying to adapt to a new situation.”

The lack of discipline and corruption in the Russian army is off the scales.

“All the stereotypes and jokes about the Russian army being like a bloody horde of eastern nomads turned out to be true,” says Levit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

3 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

And it was CIA / US Military "Advisors" that trained the Taliban and others  

But the Arab states that fought Israel, being armed with Soviet Tanks, Soviet Aircraft, and Soviet small arms were trained by Soviet/Russian advisors.  

None of those armies, or a combination of those armies, were able to defeat Israel.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

But the Arab states that fought Israel, being armed with Soviet Tanks, Soviet Aircraft, and Soviet small arms were trained by Soviet/Russian advisors.  

None of those armies, or a combination of those armies, were able to defeat Israel.  

Israel Also with Our Money and Arms 

9 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

And so was much less corrupt than the Arab armies.

You sure about that ??  Pretty tall Hill to stand on :)  Not one I would take for my last stand .  But then again I was active duty much more recent that many here . 

Edited by PowderRiverCowboy

2 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

You sure about that ??  Pretty tall Hill to stand on :)  Not one I would take for my last stand .  But then again I was active duty much more recent that many here . 

Israel was able to put its army in the field.   In general the Arab armies, especially in the '40s and '50s, had much of their supplies appropriated by high ranking officers and public officials.

40 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Israel was able to put its army in the field.   In general the Arab armies, especially in the '40s and '50s, had much of their supplies appropriated by high ranking officers and public officials.

A lot has changed and I mean a lot  in that 70 years you quote , war will very likely never be that way ever again . On that same token the USA hasn't " won" a war since generals stopped dying in them .

In which Ironically The USA hasn't won a war since the 40's  So please tell me how this would be the best way to conduct a war ??  

Keep in Mind that the USA also instigated the Ukraine Invasion back in 2016 
https://www.facebook.com/RevolutionIreland/videos/that-moment-in-2016-when-america-pushed-ukrainians-into-aggression-towards-russi/3059178937676678/

Edited by PowderRiverCowboy