SASS Wire Forum

Critters and Music....

5 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I always wondered....  :lol:

Music soothes the savage beast!

That’s awesome. Thanks Hardpan. :)

I used to play harmonica. My dog blue would howl when I did, but my dog Daisy would sit and listen. I swear she would be smiling at me as I played. 
My dogs Maddie and Wilbur also reacted to harmonica music. Maddie couldn’t care less and Wilbur would get as close as he could to the harmonica. He liked it. Once he climbed onto my lap. A 90 pound dog in your lap while you played the harmonica was a bit uncomfortable. :)
I miss them all. 

If I sat down to play piano my female cat would jump up on the bench next to me and just listen. If I sang she would howl like a dog! The male just sat by and observed. I was never a cat person but the two Siamese cats I had were a delight. Half brother and sister and proud incestual parents of 4! :lol: I had them for 19 and 20 years. I miss them but not the litter box and cat hair!

The Beluga whale is almost certainly Juno, a male, that is at Mystic Aquarium which is about 40 minutes from me.  There are a number of YouTube videos of him reacting to music including a mariachi band

Used to have a Cockatiel that would "dance" up and down to any music played.

My old dog Alex would wake up out of a dead sleep when music played that had dogs barking, growling, etc. He was particularly interested in the dog sounds in the dog sounds in a song from the Pink Floyd album named Seamus. He'd also jump up from a slumber any time anyone said "squirrel", be it tv, song or person.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Used to have a Cockatiel that would "dance" up and down to any music played.

My daughters did as well. It would sing along with guitar solos or if the guitar was louder than other instruments. 
I swear the bird liked Heavy Metal. 

Archived