SASS Wire Forum

Spring kit for uberti 1873

Bootless Bob

Talk to Terri at Online Outpost.  Handles many options from several vendors.    GW

Bootless Bob,

PLUS ONE for Griff.  Lever Springs, Main Spring, just the ticket.  I would also suggest Slix firing pin and reduced firing pin return spring, and while your at it, that there BRASS magazine cap is just TRIX  :D  The Trigger Block Safety spring from Pioneer is also highly recommended.

6 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

OOPSIES :wacko:

Actually, nobody actually offers a "Kit" of parts to set-up a '73.  Just knowing which individual parts to buy.

I'm a little surprised nobody offers a kit, since they are common for the pistols.

Just my .02.  The only springs I change or alter are the mainspring, the lever lock safety spring and the lever and lifter springs.   I don't care for the aftermarket lightened mainsprings.  I had one fail after only a couple of thousand rounds.  I'd rather have a stock mainspring that's been lightened by one of the many smiths specializing in CAS guns.  I've yet to have one of these fail.  The lever lock safety springs are about $10 from several companies.  I don't care for the piano wire lever and lifter springs.  Again, from experience.  I had a set of these damage the lever.  I've successfully used stock springs, again that have been altered by several of our CAS gunsmiths.  Have not had any problems with these altered springs.  Right now I'm trying a set of Pioneer Gun Works Action Springs.  So far, I like them, but don't have enough rounds with them to determine reliability.

The after-market Lever Side Springs work quite well.  They do however, require a tiny amount of "fitting."  I've been out of the business for a while, but I understand there are one or two guys offering after-market Main Springs (reduced).  I've forgotten who they are though.  Pioneer and Slix Main Springs are completely unlike the OEM springs.  They are coil spring conversions.

Archived