SASS Wire Forum

In-n-Out Drive Through

Subdeacon Joe

6 hours ago, watab kid said:

im not buying a horse nor a mule to visit a burger joint , but i might drive thru , i still fly the stars and bars here in the north as its my heritage - not hatred to any 

Stars & Bars, Battle Flag, or Naval Ensign?

6 hours ago, watab kid said:

im not buying a horse nor a mule to visit a burger joint , but i might drive thru , i still fly the stars and bars here in the north as its my heritage - not hatred to any 

Okay, I must’ve missed something. What do the Stars & Bars have to do with hamburgers?

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

Okay, I must’ve missed something. What do the Stars & Bars have to do with hamburgers?

Might have something to do with that video I posted which has both the federal flag and the CSA battle flag on the image.

Oh, and you all thinking In&Out used horse meat must be mixed up. It was Burger King that was found to have horse meat in their burgers in EUROPE in 2013. It was sold to them as beef by an Irish meat supplier called Silvercrest and the meat originated from Poland. 
(There is definitely a joke here)

https://www.mashed.com/789390/heres-what-happened-after-horse-meat-was-found-in-burger-king-whoppers/

1 minute ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Might have something to do with that video I posted which has both the federal flag and the CSA battle flag on the image.

Ah, a Saloon Ricochet! Got it! :lol:

On 12/1/2023 at 7:58 AM, Pat Riot said:

Thank you. I didn’t realize you could order them extra crispy. I will be trying this in 19 days. 

We were in the area of your old haunts.  We stayed at the Ayers on SB Blvd.  In-And-Out is half a block away from the hotel.  Also paid a visit to Katella Deli and had a couple of wonderful dinners.  Enjoy your trip.

1 hour ago, Calamity Kris said:

We were in the area of your old haunts.  We stayed at the Ayers on SB Blvd.  In-And-Out is half a block away from the hotel.  Also paid a visit to Katella Deli and had a couple of wonderful dinners.  Enjoy your trip.

Thank you :)

Ooh, Katella Bakery and Deli. I am pretty sure they make the best carrot cake in the world. 

Otto got me again. 

I remember when In-N-Out first came to the SF Bay Area.  The store in San Ramon CA is butt up against the 680 fence and San Ramon Valley Blvd.  The lot depth is in adequate to have a proper parking lot.  For a couple of years during lunch & dinner hours one lane of SRV Blvd was backed up to Crow Canyon Rd.  The Police eventually stationed an officer & a cruiser during these periods to prevent a traffic jam on Crow Canyon & SRV Blvd. intersection.  The same thing happened when Chick-fil-A opened in NorCal. 

The two Five Guys locations in Reno-Carson area closed forever during Covid.  I ate Five Guys singles when I wanted a gourmet hamburger with only fixings I like.  The fries were a bonus.  With them gone it is Habit Burger in the Legends shopping center in Sparks for gourmet burgers.  With the current prices of burgers at: Burger King, Wendys, Arby's, Jack in the Box, In-N-Out is a bargain.  If you are in Stateline NV (South Lake Tahoe) or S. Reno eat at a Lucky Beaver (sports bar) for a great burger & fries chased by your favorite libation.   The one in Stateline has long waits on weekends in the high seasons (memorial day through labor day & skiing season).

On 12/2/2023 at 8:39 AM, Pat Riot said:

not a lot to do with the burgers more to do with my attitude of some things people do - like buying a horse or mule to visit a drive thru --theres plenty to be confused about tho in this thread - sorry to contribute to that , 

1 minute ago, watab kid said:

not a lot to do with the burgers more to do with my attitude of some things people do - like buying a horse or mule to visit a drive thru --theres plenty to be confused about tho in this thread - sorry to contribute to that , 

No problem. :)

3 hours ago, watab kid said:

Well, I wouldn’t BUY a horse to visit a drive-thru, but about thirty-five years ago I’d ride with a group of friends once in a while on weekends.

I can’t say as I ever rode through the drive-thru, but on more than one occasion, I/we tied off in front of a restaurant somewhere and had lunch.  

The small towns we rode through and around back then didn’t even have a MacDirtbags back then, so I wouldn’t say that I wouldn’t ride through a drive-thru if I was riding today.  Might even stop at a car hop if I was hungry! :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Well, I wouldn’t BUY a horse to visit a drive-thru, but about thirty-five years ago I’d ride with a group of friends once in a while on weekends.

I can’t say as I ever rode through the drive-thru, but on more than one occasion, I/we tied off in front of a restaurant somewhere and had lunch.  

The small towns we rode through and around back then didn’t even have a MacDirtbags back then, so I wouldn’t say that I wouldn’t ride through a drive-thru if I was riding today.  Might even stop at a car hop if I was hungry! :rolleyes:

i remember those days - actually close to here back in the late 80s when my wife and i were dating/then newly wed we would hit some small town bars for a burger [they are far better than the chains] and often there were tied off rides outside - we were in my jimmy , 

On 12/3/2023 at 11:07 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

years ago - visited bars in rural areas on our motorcycles on leisure rides - never had a horse 

Archived