SASS Wire Forum

WTC: reholstering pistol(s)

Widder, SASS #59054

3 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Totally Bullstoopid!

Primarily because it's impossible to consistently enforce. Since we're a game that involves holstering, a better system would be nice to figure out...and if we have to stage our pistols...I'm outta here! To me, the whole idea of a 180 (more common in other games), involves moving with with a pistol (leaving long guns outta the discussion). Holstering with hammer not cocked...not sweeping anyone...no call. Afterall, we're shooting SA revolvers. 

Phantom

Has there ever been a safety event that was caused by holstering a pistol? I've dropped a few loaded and unloaded through the years and excepted the penalty without question. Might get a little cranky if someone gave me a SDQ for holstering like I've been doing it for 27+ years. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

That's quoted (and answered) on the first page of this thread:

"The "noted allowance" refers to the previously quoted rule from p.3 of the SHB regarding the 180° exception."

And in my mind and interpretation, that’s exactly what’s going on in the picture. He is still somewhere between 170 and 180 (to my eyes) and is going to holster. If we call that a SDQ then s LOT of shooters will have problems 

18 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Might get a little cranky if someone gave me a SDQ for holstering like I've been doing it for 27+ years. 

My 100% accurate guess, because it definitely did not happen today is if a person looked real hard at exactly what we're talking about at a match he was TO'ing. If he TO'd for say half of the 17 shooters on the hypothetical posse for 5 stages. He would definitely probably have seen only 2 legal draws and 2 legal reholsters THE ENTIRE MATCH. The 2 shooters he probably seen do it correctly was on 2 separate stages. That would mean every single shooter would have received a MATCH DQ. 

9 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

My 100% accurate guess, because it definitely did not happen today is if a person looked real hard at exactly what we're talking about at a match he was TO'ing. If he TO'd for say half of the 17 shooters on the hypothetical posse for 5 stages. He would definitely probably have seen only 2 legal draws and 2 legal reholsters THE ENTIRE MATCH. The 2 shooters he probably seen do it correctly was on 2 separate stages. That would mean every single shooter would have received a MATCH DQ. 

And the sad part is that some TO, somewhere at some big match,

is gonna try to strut his stuff and give one of those SDQ's to a 

shooter, just to make a statement that diminishes the

competition and enhances a friends chance of winning.

Of course, it will be protested and end up with the MD 

and/or a group of TG's having a pow-wow for the sole

purpose of disregarding the 'reholstering rule/guideline'.

If TN Williams is my TO,  I'll request the TO stand on my left side..... :P

EDIT:  and if the penalty is ever successfully

awarded, then probably everyone will get it because the 1st recipient will make sure all

following violations are also called on it.

..........Widder

35 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

I can tell you missing the holster 1 time being a SDQ is bulldookery too. That is not in the handbook. So tell me how it's a SDQ.

I found an unpublished "clarification" regarding that issue.

Will be posting it shortly.

stand by.jpg

Archived