SASS Wire Forum

CDs/DVDs question

Alpo

Will writing on the playing surface with a sharpie cause any problems?

I have a few DVDs that have widescreen on one side and full screen on the other and I write on the disk which side needs to be up when it goes in the player. But since it's playing off the bottom of the disc, my writing on the top of the disc isn't going to hurt anything.

But I got one the other day and it's got two different movies - one on each side. Kindergarten Cop and Twins.

Now if I write TWINS on the side that needs to be up when I'm playing Twins, the sharpie markings will be on the playing surface for Kindergarten Cop. Will that cause any problems?

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

I have a few DVDs that have widescreen on one side and full screen on the other and I write on the disk which side needs to be up when it goes in the player. But since it's playing off the bottom of the disc, my writing on the top of the disc isn't going to hurt anything.

But I got one the other day and it's got two different movies - one on each side. Kindergarten Cop and Twins.

Now if I write TWINS on the side that needs to be up when I'm playing Twins, the sharpie markings will be on the playing surface for Kindergarten Cop. Will that cause any problems?

I’m not sure, but why tempt fate?

Figure something for non playing surface!

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Yes

Archived