SASS Wire Forum

I have a question about the value of items like powder, guns etc.

BearCat Dave

• Eliphalet R. Moderator changed the title to I have a question about the value of items like powder, guns etc.

Keep in mind you can't ship powder or primers unless you have a hazmat certification.

If I want to know several prices, I look in Gun Broker for CLOSED transactions, and then compare the condition of the item sold on GB with the item I would try to sell.   Firearms prices end up being a LOT about the condition of the gun.   Poor condition means gun will bring a smaller price.   Do not be fooled into looking at the asking prices on most items - bids rarely get to the seller's asking price.

If you are going to do a lot of items, probably faster to borrow this from a big library, or even buy one:

Blue Book of Gun Values, 44th edition

https://bluebookofgunvalues.com/shop/44th-edition-blue-book-of-gun-values

Realize that most gun tuning work done on cowboy guns will not have any value if selling to a non-cowboy shooter, and will even decrease the value if sold to a collector (either amateur or "pro").  However, work done by a "well respected" cowboy gunsmith will be worth a lot on a sale through our Classifieds.

good luck, GJ

25 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Only thing I find on Gun Broker are new ones.

20 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

look in Gun Broker for CLOSED transactions

Because there are lots of POSTINGS at high prices that never get to completion due to high asking prices

On 10/13/2023 at 11:55 AM, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Because there are lots of POSTINGS at high prices that never get to completion due to high asking prices

Yes, hit advanced search, then the completed tab. You want to look at sold auctions same make,  model, caliber, barrel length, and finish. Narrow that down to similar condition. 

Archived