SASS Wire Forum

CAS Featured in Reuters News Video

Howdy Pards,

At our annual match last weekend (Westmatch XXXI Renton, WA) we were joined by a Reuters reporter who spent two full days with us filming the action and interviewing some of us. 

Here is a link to a twitter post with the “teaser” video. 

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1557405161298898944?s=20&t=2UCpcaYMjYmjgKyXEEK8vQ

Apparently he has a 7 minute long version that will drop shortly (I’ll update link when it does). 

With over 37,000 views in two days, I hope this generates some interest in our game.  While I don’t love the Cosplay comparison (because I don’t think that’s what we are) I also don’t think it’s necessarily detrimental to our cause. 

By the end of the match, Matt (the reporter) had a very good view of what makes us tick. He acknowledged that his experience showed him a side of “gun culture” that is rarely ever seen in the mainstream media. In short, he was impressed by us - by the cowboy way.  He was impressed by the focus on safety and the supportive culture we have.  In my view, he learned our most important traits. 

And - My 10yo boy was pretty stoked to see himself on film!

If you have a minute, go check it out and be sure to “like” it if you do. 

Thanks Y’all,

JJ

Thanks to our MD @T-Bone Shorty and his crew for putting on a great match!  There will also be some videos dropping from our friend @Jed I. Knight, SASS #36423 on his YouTube and Instagram pages in the coming weeks. Please go check those out and support him too. 

The "replies" and comments are already filled with ignorant comments by anti gun advocates...."Twitter" and "tweeting" are not bastions of Second Amendment Advocacy. 
Right now, money is the main roadblock to people I talk to about SASS. No fault of SASS...just is what it is...

Excellent, couldn't "like it" for you as I don't do that social media stuff . This forum is as close I come! !

Cosplayers?

I guess I'll need to bring my padded sword for the next match....

SASS shooters are SCA LARPers with real bullets? Maybe RenFair actors without mead.

SMH.

Great video.

La Sombra

We have to use references that people understand or as the gentleman in the video says-we risk the sport 'riding off into the sunset'.  If referring to myself as a "Cosplayer" brings young shooters out to experience the fun SASS - I'm a Cos!  

2 hours ago, Caprock Kid said:

We have to use references that people understand or as the gentleman in the video says-we risk the sport 'riding off into the sunset'.  If referring to myself as a "Cosplayer" brings young shooters out to experience the fun SASS - I'm a Cos!  

Do we get free passes to ComiCon? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Do we get free passes to ComiCon? :lol:

I wish…..

La Sombra

Thank you to all who went and viewed the video.  It’s up to almost 38k views now. The negative comments got no traction and all of the commented re-tweets were positive.

it’s a new-fangled world we live in, so maybe, just maybe, we can use the new tools to advance our cause.  

in the end, if nothing else comes of it, at least we had a good video of some pards doin what they love to do.  

Have fun out there y’all. 

JJ

Archived