SASS Wire Forum

Slix hammer Spring

Firstly not complaining , in fact I really like them & will continue to use.

First one broke after 3 years , second one yesterday I'm thinking after maybe 6 years [ I shoot a lot ]....I have a jeweller mate that makes up a new spring which I have just installed.

Just interested if others have had the same experience.I do like the design & how they work.

Oh & the first one that broke was replaced free of charge  by Slix [ thanks Ol # 4 ].

Ol #4 is good people and his SlixSprings products are top notch. I have installed 6 or 7 of his springs in others rifles and have only had 1 break (they replaced promptly). For my own guns I am still using thinned flat springs but that is me. Couldn’t really tell any difference between the two personally. 
Go with what you got and have fun. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

3 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Is this a flat spring?

Coil spring on an aluminum bar (I think) that replaces the flat spring. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I bought one used on the wire and have been shooting it for about 2 months. I polished everything like was recommended and used the heavier spring. It's nice and smooth. I don't really notice anything when I am shooting, but when lever it slowly I can feel a little difference in where the tension builds as it cocks the hammer during the lever stroke. (It's hard to describe). What I have noticed is that I do not jack rounds out like I did with the flat spring when running flat out. Is it the unit or psychological? I don't know, but I'll take whatever advantage from it I can get.

JEL  

I've used them Mohawk in my 44 special but I found the spring eventually gets lazy and stops setting off the primers,

and you can't get them as light as my superlight flat spring.

I've had our OK made superlight springs in both Kat's and my rifles for years, and no problems. Since we went to the states in 2014 actually

and I've sold plenty here too. You wanna try it.!:D

Archived