SASS Wire Forum

Best of the West

Lawdog Dago Dom

How nice to learn that True West's magazine "Best of the West" firearm engraver for 2022 is just down the road. I emailed Jim Downing at Cherokee Firearms in Springfield, MO for an appointment. I just got a Polish Cappers percussion cap case, and it needed some character.

Jim said he would give it a shot.

Wow.

(other post had a messed up download of photos, so I deleted)

PolishCapper1.jpg

PolishCapper2.jpg

PolishCapperDone.JPG

Very nice looking, I never thought of getting my capper engraved.  BTW it now looks like “Law Dog Dago Dom” is “Made in Poland” :D  you may have to change your alias, maybe “Law Dog Polish Dom” :o :P :)

8 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Very nice looking, I never thought of getting my capper engraved.  BTW it now looks like “Law Dog Dago Dom” is “Made in Poland” :D  you may have to change your alias, maybe “Law Dog Polish Dom” :o :P :)

Funny story behind that. Anybody can pretty much name what they sell whatever they want. I figured the name "Polish Cappers" was a tribute to the companies ancestors, and some machine shop in the US was cranking them out.

Oh no, no, no.

Got educated really fast after I placed my order. Payment page came up and it was in Polish Dollars! A lot of Polish Dollars! I thought holy cow, this is going to cost a ton! Then the pay program I used converted it into US dollars. Whew! big difference.  Order placed. Email confirmation with a tracking number. Yep, originating city Poznan, Poland. Then the tracking updates were in Polish! Finally I saw where it was in New York City, so I figured it was close. It showed up about 3 days later. If there was an English version for tracking I failed to find it. And, sadly, all the Polish relatives I grew up with are long gone, but I'm sure wherever they are they were amused.

So for the record, Polish Cappers are indeed made in Poland. They produce a very well made and designed product. And I'm still amazed at the engraving skills of Jim Downing, who is also a super good guy with awesome engraving skills!

Nice! 

Jim Downing, Polish Cappers, and Lawdog Dago Dom are all class acts.  It is a privilege to know them.

Nice idea, Dom!  :D

Archived