SASS Wire Forum

WTC

Hoss

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I was a spotter and then went to LT. Quite a bit of walking from cart to LT and to stage and then stage firearms. But maybe, it sounds better than being clueless.:rolleyes:

Does your hat have a pencil roll brim edge to hold onto the empties?  I have occasionally found one of my empties on my hat at the next stage.

22 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Darn. I wish this thread was posted a few years ago. On one stage, I was called clean by all three spotters and the TO accepted their call when he reported the time to the scorekeeper. After I got to the unloading table, I found two loaded revolvers which I reported so my score was changed to 10 misses and a MSV!!!

I want a reshoot!:P

IR,

I would like to ask a question? When the TO and the three spotters had not realized that you did not shoot your revolvers did they say anything.???

43 minutes ago, Nawlins Kid SASS #36107 said:

IR,

I would like to ask a question? When the TO and the three spotters had not realized that you did not shoot your revolvers did they say anything.???

I found that a little strange, also. At our club, there would have been a chorus of "PISTOLS, PISTOLS, PISTOLS." 

1 hour ago, Nawlins Kid SASS #36107 said:

IR,

34 minutes ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

I found that a little strange, also. At our club, there would have been a chorus of "PISTOLS, PISTOLS, PISTOLS." 

Actually, no!

It is a funny story that I have told on the wire before. I was shooting a Spencer rifle through the match and was really trying to get under a minute on a stage. Near, or at, the end of the match, everyone on the posse was watching and as I finished the rifle and the shotgun, the spotters called clean and the TO gave the time as under a minute. Everyone, including me, failed to notice that I had not shot the pistols. As I was clearing the firearms at the unloading table, I dropped ten loaded rounds from my Schofields!:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Actually, no!

It is a funny story that I have told on the wire before. I was shooting a Spencer rifle through the match and was really trying to get under a minute on a stage. Near, or at, the end of the match, everyone on the posse was watching and as I finished the rifle and the shotgun, the spotters called clean and the TO gave the time as under a minute. Everyone, including me, failed to notice that I had not shot the pistols. As I was clearing the firearms at the unloading table, I dropped ten loaded rounds from my Schofields!:rolleyes:

I want to shoot at that club! :)

15 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Does your hat have a pencil roll brim edge to hold onto the empties?  I have occasionally found one of my empties on my hat at the next stage.

It does not. Pretty much flat with a bit of an up turn at the sides.

Archived