SASS Wire Forum

Cimarron revolver won't lock up

Trigger Mike

Under rotating?  Over rotating? Just not locking?  "Not locking up right," covers a lot of territory.

Like Sarge said, might be the bolt or bolt spring.  Then again, it could be the hand's worn, a weak hand spring or a few other things like a chewed up, worn ratchet on the cylinder.

Pietta's sometimes have a problem with the depth of the bolt slots on the cylinder (not deep enough).  I've had two with this problem.  Your comment about it only happening with one of the cylinders leads me to think it may be your problem.

Cimarron has good customer service.  Give them a call and see if they can help you.  One of my problem Piettas went back to a different distributor for repair and the other one got a replacement 2nd gen Colt cylinder from my local gunsmith.

2 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

It seems to only apply to the 45acp cylinder and not the 45lc cylinder from what he tells me.

If the gun works with 1 cylinder but not the other, my bet's on a problem with the cylinder, not the gun.

So easy to get corrected then?  I fired the cylinder in question and once it did jam but I adjusted the black powder frame screw that holds the pin and adjusted the pin and it worked again,  so i assumed it was something I did.  I might be wrong then

Archived