SASS Wire Forum

Regulators Reckoning-Tennessee State Match

:( Unfortunately, due to lack of support and commitment to enter a pot of chili, the Chili Cook Off will not be taking place this year in Wartrace.  

I would like to thank those who have supported the event these last seven years.  You have helped to make the cook off the fun that it was.

Chas B

Slim and Ruthie, you two are the best.  Thanks for what you have done to help Annie and myself.  No better examples of the Cowboy Way have I ever met.

:FlagAm:  Well being that is is 1July and will be about 106 or so in Phoenix today, I got to thinkin about chili in Oct.  The Tennessee State Match held in Wartrace is on 7-9Oct 2021.  On 7OCT, Annie and I will be hosting the eighth Chili Cook Off/Contest.  This social event is a nice way to end the day after the side match events have concluded.  To sit and relax, visiting with friends, old and new and tasting some mighty good vittles is a great way to end an even better day.  

So what say all of you who are attending.  I would sincerely appreciate a strong showing of award winning recipes and an abundance of smiling, happy faces.

Besides, I have never heard any complaints regarding the awards Annie and I hand out for the top three finishers.  I will venture to say that if there is a large turnout of chili pots, I will go deeper in the placing and awards.

You only have four months to perfect your favorite blend of ingredients.  Let's get to it!

I would like to say thank you to all that have contributed and participated these past eight years.  

Have fun,

Chas B:D

P.S.  If you are planning to enter the cook off and show off your one of a kind ambrosia, please P.M. me so I have an idea the number to prep for.

Thank you kindly. 

I'm throwing down the challenge gauntlet. I don't believe anyone can cook a better pot of chili than I can. I know no one can cook a bigger pot of chili than me. I'm willing to prove it in October @ Wartrace. Now who's got the peppers to prove me wrong????

I loved the chili last year and would have loved the award even more!

How large of a pot (how much chili) do people usually bring to allow all the voters a taste?

1 hour ago, Diamond Jake said:

I loved the chili last year and would have loved the award even more!

How large of a pot (how much chili) do people usually bring to allow all the voters a taste?

A large, oval crockpot filled to the top  seems to be the best.  We can plug it in to keep the chili warm and given enough entries, it will hold enough so that after the tasting and voting there is enough for everyone to enjoy.

Thanks for your consideration of participating.

Chas B

• 2 weeks later...

I won't be making Chili this year after all.  My wife is having both knees replaced just a week before the match, so I'll be staying home to help her.  If our 22 yr old granddaughter can stay with us during the day, then I might be able to sneak away during the day to shoot, but it will be back home every evening.

Hopefully Laura will be recovered enough that I can attend the SE Regional.

:FlagAm: Hear you brother.  After we get back to Mesa from the match, Annie is having her left knee replaced.  When she is fully recovered my right knee is next and then most probably the left.  After that a reverse shoulder replacement.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Chas B

We will be adding Elder Statesman Gunfighter to our State Championship this year if we get enough interest. If you have already sent in your Registration and would like to change contact Papa Dave.

Thanks

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

There will also be an ROI class offered on Thursday morning. Let me know if you are interested in attending.

Archived