SASS Wire Forum

Starline 38SP Brass Available Right Now

bgavin

Same thing happening around here at the sporting goods stores. I hear that ammo is in...I go down there...no ammo.  

I keep hearing ammo is being made 24/7/365....okay....where is it? Obviously, it is being purchased very quickly, by someone(s)...just not by me.

At the stores, where they are supposed to stock ammo, they are always vague, or don't know, when a shipment will arrive. Maybe that's true, I don't know.

But, I refuse to go to the store, every single day, at the navel of dawn (which is earlier than the crack of dawn), to see if they have any on the shelves.

At one store, they found out some of the employees were tipping off their family and friends, as to when the shipments were going to be put on the shelves, so they could come and buy them up. I think on Wall Street they call that "insider trading", don't they?

Well...I have to presume that, at some point, in linear time, the shelves may be, at long last, stocked, and the only shortage will be my lack of funds to buy all I want. 

Meantime...I will keep listening to the pundits as they keep squawking about how hard they are working to get ammo manufactured, and shipped. 

I figure in 2022, or 23, it may be better...maybe. 

I bet there is a bu... uh, bucket-load of conspiracy theories, out there, about all this. I guess all I can do is sit on the grassy knoll, and ponder it all. 

Stopped by a BPS which had shelves of ammunition, no signs were posted limiting the purchase amount.  Several shotgun loads,  223, 22, 25, 32.  No 38, 9, or 45.  Didn't see a bare spot where they had been stocked.

There were more loaded ammunition shelves than bags of brass.

I have to wonder... Hodgdon has a flyer on their web site.
They claim they are working overtime and shipping more powder than ever.

None of the big box stores have powder.
None of the internet vendors have powder.
None of the gun shops have powder.

So.. where is all this powder Hodgdon claims they are shipping more than ever?

Some of those "lost brass" stages can get expensive. I was on a posse two weeks ago with a shooter using 44/40. He told me what it cost to replace them. Ouch.

5 hours ago, bgavin said:

I have to wonder... Hodgdon has a flyer on their web site.
They claim they are working overtime and shipping more powder than ever.

None of the big box stores have powder.
None of the internet vendors have powder.
None of the gun shops have powder.

So.. where is all this powder Hodgdon claims they are shipping more than ever?

Reminds me of that old Peter, Paul, and Mary song..."the answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind".

With the manufacturers claiming they are running full out, surely at some time all the hoarders will run out of space and stop buying!

I just hope and wonder it will be in my lifetime!!

I check half a dozen sites, several times each day.
I'm hunting for H4895 and Trail Boss... none to be found anywhere.
None of the scalpers on CalGuns is offering these, either.

Natchez has an 8# tub of IMR 4227... but I won't live long enough to shoot up that much powder in magnum loads.
I have one full pound left, and that is enough.

Due to the hazmat and shipping expense, I won't buy online until I can get multiple 1# tubs of the above, on the same hazmat order.
I don't shoot enough to warrant 8# tubs of anything.

Archived