SASS Wire Forum

LaPierre Testimony

21 hours ago, Irish-Pat said:

Ok I am So sorry for saying “warren” not “wayne”

Some people just like to be rude We all knew what you meant 

On 4/11/2021 at 10:49 PM, Highwall said:

The NRA  will not go away as we know it but it may morph into a more liberal stance due to the media pressure and politics of today. What we need to do is present ourselves to any media that will accept our conservative views and make our gun values more visible so the public knows what's right from wrong and why personal protection is a vital part of the American way of life.

im not going to argue with your logic as i see where your coming from , im not certain there is any media that will 'accept our views' but ill go there if we can find them , most media today is nothing but left propaganda facilitators , 

we are on the same page in the "american way of life" but that wont sway any one that is looking at communism as a viable way of life in america , the education system has stacked the deck against us in those terms , part of what needs to happen is the reaffirmation of the constitution , part of it is reversal of the educational indoctrination that has been happening for decades , part of it is the political process that has been the standard because the money in the politics will never go away , but part of it is reform to our politicians - when they start talking about "reforming" the third branch/courts they are way outside what the constitution allowed them - imagine if the courts said they were going to hold congress responsible ????

I do believe that it is probably time for new leadership in the N.R.A. Mr LaPierre has done a fine job, but times change and new thoughts to old problems certainly have a place. I am of the following opinion on the subject which is demonstrated by the following hypothetical conversation below:

Kwai Chang Caine – Master, Why don’t slaves have guns

Master Po – Little Grasshopper, if slaves had guns they would be free men.

If this logic cannot be understood by today's adults, we are lost for sure. I, for one, was born free, will live free, and if required, die a free man.

There are no more "Americas" to which we can flee.

STL Suomi

We need to keep in mind that we are a different firearms venue from what the leftist rant about. We don't have multi-capacity rounds or high velocity calibers but 

still want to protect our 2nd amendment rights. My son-in-law,  an Iraq Marine veteran will never give up his Ar15 as I would not give up my 45/70 1885 single shot.

we need to stand together!

The issue for the NRA, and for the rest of us, is one of leadership going forward. That's all, though it's not simple.

LaPierre is like most people who stay in power far too long. They identify themselves with the organization. The good things they've done in the past are irrelevant to what is to come. So eventually they do damage to the organization and its purposes.

Look at the structure of  the NRA. It has a 'board of directors' of 76 people. So it's loaded with donors who bask in the prestige and serve at the pleasure of the Executive VP, and don't act like a true board. He's the power; the President has always been a pure figurehead. So his weaknesses have become the Achilles heel of the whole organization. 

48 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

The issue for the NRA, and for the rest of us, is one of leadership going forward. That's all, though it's not simple.

LaPierre is like most people who stay in power far too long. They identify themselves with the organization. The good things they've done in the past are irrelevant to what is to come. So eventually they do damage to the organization and its purposes.

Look at the structure of  the NRA. It has a 'board of directors' of 76 people. So it's loaded with donors who bask in the prestige and serve at the pleasure of the Executive VP, and don't act like a true board. He's the power; the President has always been a pure figurehead. So his weaknesses have become the Achilles heel of the whole organization. 

Just an FYI, Wayne created a core circle of himself and I believe 3 other people. (They're the other names in the NY lawsuit.) Most of his decisions lately have been made independent of the board, including the bankruptcy.

2 hours ago, Highwall said:

We need to keep in mind that we are a different firearms venue from what the leftist rant about. We don't have multi-capacity rounds or high velocity calibers but 

still want to protect our 2nd amendment rights. My son-in-law,  an Iraq Marine veteran will never give up his Ar15 as I would not give up my 45/70 1885 single shot.

we need to stand together!

please dont think that they will stop at any point in their efforts to disarm , our antique guns will be on the list as fast as they get rid of the ones they are currently chasing , its not about the guns in the end - its all about control , they will still have guns to keep us confined , 

our freedoms depend on our ability to not be controlled , thats what they fear  

Archived