SASS Wire Forum

EMF Californian deluxe opinions

Needle-Nose-Tom

I'm trying to find a match to my 4 click old model Smokewagon in 45colt 4 3/4 barrel length. Looks like the Californian is about the same with the 4 clicks and floating firing pin. Anybody have one or any experience with one. Found one with a action job for $500. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

I'm trying to find a match to my 4 click old model Smokewagon in 45colt 4 3/4 barrel length. Looks like the Californian is about the same with the 4 clicks and floating firing pin. Anybody have one or any experience with one. Found one with a action job for $500. Thanks!

Bring it with you and come shoot in Bowling Green, KY March 13th ;)

https://greenrivergunslingers.com

24 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Bring it with you and come shoot in Bowling Green, KY March 13th ;)

https://greenrivergunslingers.com

Bowling Green isn't that far from me, I would love to sometime. Thanks for the invite. I'm scheduled to have my leather made this week and I'll be good to go. Going to get out with the Wartrace Regulators asap!!!

1 minute ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

Bowling Green isn't that far from me, I would love to sometime. Thanks for the invite. I'm scheduled to have my leather made this week and I'll be good to go. Going to get out with the Wartrace Regulators asap!!!

Yep, that's where I started; great bunch down there. 2 hour drive vs 50 minutes, so I shoot at Bowling Green most of the time now. I think our match director, @BushRod Jones, is shooting at Wartrace this coming weekend. 

10 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Yep, that's where I started; great bunch down there. 2 hour drive vs 50 minutes, so I shoot at Bowling Green most of the time now. I think our match director, @BushRod Jones, is shooting at Wartrace this coming weekend. 

I totally get that, drive time is a factor. Actually about an hour to either place for me that's a big plus. I would love to be able to shoot at multiple places and meet all the folks. Everyone has been so nice and helpful, I haven't even been to a match yet. Hopefully within a month or so I get my feet wet!

1 minute ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

I totally get that, drive time is a factor. Actually about an hour to either place for me that's a big plus. I would love to be able to shoot at multiple places and meet all the folks. Everyone has been so nice and helpful, I haven't even been to a match yet. Hopefully within a month or so I get my feet wet!

Yeah, English Tom is in Nashville I believe. Him and Shagbark Steve come together to Bowling Green occasionally. 

4 hours ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

GWII Californian deluxe are Damn fine guns! They are well made and durable. I’ve lost count of how many rounds mine have shot!;)

I have a pair of Grande Californians, they are beautifully engraved throughout with a blued barrel and grey case color hardened frame. If you want an engraved 4-click SAA on a budget, look no further.

Archived