Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lone Rider, SASS# 73063

ACCIAIO-VICKERS ROTA , MODEL 14 12GA

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know anything about these?

 

What is the value of one of these?

 

ACCIAIO-VICKERS ROTA , MODEL 14 SIDE BY SIDE 12GA

 

acc.jpg.2fdf86b86cb1c7f943299f90481b569f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That particular one is worth $650. :ph34r:

 

Never heard of one before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marauder SASS #13056 said:

Thanks Marauder, I have read that article.  I found a second one that list the value as $320.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

That particular one is worth $650. :ph34r:

 

Never heard of one before.

 

If you have never heard of one before, how did you come up with a value?  Where have you seen these priced or what others have paid for this shotgun?

Edited by Lone Rider, SASS# 73063

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before Spain shut down their firearms industry, their shotguns ran the gamut from cheap to superb. Yours is certainly a handsome gun, how does it shoot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Before Spain shut down their firearms industry, their shotguns ran the gamut from cheap to superb. Yours is certainly a handsome gun, how does it shoot?

I think these are made in Italy.

 

I have several of the shotguns that were made in Spain.  The Spanish manufacturers have dwindled from over twenty to about four today.  They do make some nice shotguns.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lone Rider, SASS# 73063 said:

 

If you have never heard of one before, how did you come up with a value?  Where have you seen these priced or what others have paid for this shotgun?

That's the asking price in the current Gunbroker auction the OP's picture came from, so I reckon that's what it's worth to the seller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

That's the asking price in the current Gunbroker auction the OP's picture came from, so I reckon that's what it's worth to the seller.

 

They have it listed on more than one auction, at different asking prices.  But, the real value of anything is what someone else is willing to pay for the item, not what the seller is asking.  

 

Not being familiar with this brand, I am wondering what it is truly worth.  I don't plan to make an offer on something that is way over priced as are primers today.

Edited by Lone Rider, SASS# 73063

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think they pulled it off Gunbroker without a sell.

Edited by Lone Rider, SASS# 73063

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like a listing from 13th Street Pawn Store in Omaha. They are notoriously overpriced on everything they have. These are the people that sell Mosin Nagants for $600 and SKSes for $800. I visited their store once or twice when I lived in Omaha years ago. I can't say I would be inclined to purchase anything they sell. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Flatwater Monte said:

That looks like a listing from 13th Street Pawn Store in Omaha. They are notoriously overpriced on everything they have. These are the people that sell Mosin Nagants for $600 and SKSes for $800. I visited their store once or twice when I lived in Omaha years ago. I can't say I would be inclined to purchase anything they sell. 

 

 

That is the way I was leaning, it just seemed over priced and they are selling it as is without any possibility of a return.   I don't think they are made any more, so getting any parts would be out of the question.  Plus, I don't know if the parts are soft and wear or otherwise.  It is supposed to have good steel in the barrels.

 

I think my 15 year F-150 is worth 30,000, but Kelly's Blue Book would disagree on the selling amount.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Italy the Brescia area up through Gardone Val Trompia was the and still is the firearms making area much like the area Spain had. Many small makers, some making just a particular part of a shotgun. The makers have dwindled to just a few as in Spain. Beretta, Uberti,  Fausti, Pedersoli are a few of those left in that area. 

At least that was my understanding from the muddled conversation I had at the Uberti factory, which is located onsite at Beretta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

In Italy the Brescia area up through Gardone Val Trompia was the and still is the firearms making area much like the area Spain had. Many small makers, some making just a particular part of a shotgun. The makers have dwindled to just a few as in Spain. Beretta, Uberti,  Fausti, Pedersoli are a few of those left in that area. 

At least that was my understanding from the muddled conversation I had at the Uberti factory, which is located onsite at Beretta. 

 

I am doing my part to support these smaller industries as I have some of each, some Berettas, several Uberti, a  Fausti, and a couple Pedersolis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.