Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

WTB/WTT for a Colt in 44-40


Recommended Posts

Looking to purchase a single 3rd gen Colt in 44-40.  (Will consider a pair of revolvers if finances allow for it.)  Ideally one of the special runs of the black powder frame models.  Prefer it to be the 4-3/4" barrel.  Prefer new in the box or at least very good condition.  Prefer blue and case colors, and honestly prefer the black plastic grips.

 

 

 

 

Edited by July Smith
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you find a seller who would rather have cash, I would be willing to buy the coins. He gets the cash. You get the guns. And everyone is happy...

 

Buzzard

Edited by Bramble Mountain Buzzard
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bramble Mountain Buzzard said:

If you find a seller who would rather have cash, I would be willing to buy the coins. He gets the cash. You get the guns. And everyone is happy...

 

Buzzard

I'd be willing to do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not willing to part with any of my NIB SAA’s to make this trade, but if you are looking for a brace already set up for SASS, I do have a pair of 3rd gen SAAs in the original boxes with action jobs by Boomstick.  This action job includes Lassiter short stroke mods.  They are 45 Colt   I bought them a few years ago when I was considering a switch to shooting two handed.  That switch lasted about two stages before I went back to duelist and my Vaqueros

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2020 at 9:43 PM, Mack Hacker, #60477 said:

I am not willing to part with any of my NIB SAA’s to make this trade, but if you are looking for a brace already set up for SASS, I do have a pair of 3rd gen SAAs in the original boxes with action jobs by Boomstick.  This action job includes Lassiter short stroke mods.  They are 45 Colt   I bought them a few years ago when I was considering a switch to shooting two handed.  That switch lasted about two stages before I went back to duelist and my Vaqueros

Thanks for the offer but I do not care for the feel of a short stroked Colt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one of the runs marked "Colt Frontier Six Shooter" but NOT etched that has ivory handles. It would be pricier. I have to pull it from the safe when I get home later this week if you are interested to get more specifics. Purchased from Harrison Carroll in CA years ago and never fired.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raritan River Kid SASS #23259 said:

I have one of the runs marked "Colt Frontier Six Shooter" but NOT etched that has ivory handles. It would be pricier. I have to pull it from the safe when I get home later this week if you are interested to get more specifics. Purchased from Harrison Carroll in CA years ago and never fired.

4-3/4" barrel?  PM me your asking price and I'll let you know if I can swing it or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

July, just bite the bullet and buy the best condition antique you can find.  Maybe Rock Island Auction.   The value will only go up even if you shoot it, and if your kids want to go to college bad enough they can get scholarships.  :)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2021 at 5:40 PM, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

July, just bite the bullet and buy the best condition antique you can find.  Maybe Rock Island Auction.   The value will only go up even if you shoot it, and if your kids want to go to college bad enough they can get scholarships.  :)

Ha!  Good idea, though I am afraid of subjecting an antique to my uses in SASS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.