SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subdeacon Joe

Pepsi Commercials

Cheerwine

On 9/19/2020 at 2:50 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Pepsi Rules!...Period! 

Coke...Sheesh!  That stuff’s for cupcakes and little girls...

:P

Pat, 

You have lived in PA. Did you ever try Moxi? Now there’s a distinctive taste sensation!

:blink:

CJ

I guess I should have read all the posts before writing. I see BMC beat me to it. :wacko:

CJ again.

Edited by Cactus Jack Calder

10 minutes ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

Pat, 

You have lived in PA. Did you ever try Moxi? Now there’s a distinctive taste sensation!

CJ

I guess I should have read all the posts before writing. I see BMC beat me to it. :wacko:

CJ again.

Yes, when I was real little. I recall not liking it at all but I do not remember what it tasted like. 

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yes, when I was real little. I recall not liking it at all but I do not remember what it tasted like. 

Medicine.
Like Coke and Pepsi it was originally formulated to be medicinal. If I remember correctly Pepsi was developed in New Bern, NC by a pharmacist. Similar to the Coke story. 

CJ

Edited by Cactus Jack Calder

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

Pat, 

CJ

CJ again.

A fellow in the die shop was from New England. He loved Moxie. Bought it by the case and had it shipped out to the PNW. 

He conned me into trying a bottle. I took a sip, capped the bottle and took it home. I used it to mix in the gas for my lawn mower. Cranked thar puppy up, I believe I killed that machine.

1 hour ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

A fellow in the die shop was from New England. He loved Moxie. Bought it by the case and had it shipped out to the PNW. 

He conned me into trying a bottle. I took a sip, capped the bottle and took it home. I used it to mix in the gas for my lawn mower. Cranked thar puppy up, I believe I killed that machine.

From Wikipedia:

Moxie is a brand of carbonated beverage that is among the first mass-produced soft drinks in the United States. It was created around 1876 by Augustin Thompson as a patent medicine called "Moxie Nerve Food" and was produced in Lowell, Massachusetts. Moxie's flavor is unique, a sweet drink with a bitter aftertaste. Moxie is flavored with gentian root extract an extremely bitter substance commonly used in herbal medicine.

I was told, “It is an acquired taste.” That is an understatement if I ever heard one! :wacko:

CJ

• Like 1

i used to be able to get RC - i prefer it to most anything available here , i miss it being on the shelves