SASS Wire Forum

I be puzzled

Alpo

Over to the Smith & Wesson board there's a thread. "Yesterday did you have a steak for dinner?"

Someone said no, no steak, as 3/14 was pi day.

That part I understood.

There's about 10 other responses all talking about steak. Then the thread was closed.

I'm assuming this is religious somehow, and since the Smith Wesson board does not allow religious posts, that's why it was closed.

Does it make sense to anyone else? Steak on March 14th?? :wacko:

My guess is, it’s not religious at all.  But then, I didn’t see the topic or the replies.

Cat Brules

10 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I usually do steak on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday in celebration of being Protestant.

That's what I was thinking. Probably had something to do with Catholicism and Lent, but I'm not Catholic, and I don't do Lent, so it was just kinda

WHIFF.jpg

You're right. Has nothing to do with religion.

But hell, I had to have 4/20 explained to me. I guess I'm just too old-fashioned. Don't understand all the weird crap people come out with these days.

I was wrong.  I forgot.  It’s been a long time.

This time period (The “Lenten Season”) is one of religious observance by Catholics.  
Catholics “aren’t permitted” to eat meat and must fast on Fridays during “Lent”.  In 2020, Lent is the 40-days (not including Sundays) beginning (in 2020) on Ash Wednesday, Feb-26 and ending on Saturday, Apr-8.  Easter Sunday is Apr-9.

32 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

I was wrong.  I forgot.  It’s been a long time.

This time period (The “Lenten Season”) is one of religious observance by Catholics.  
Catholics “aren’t permitted” to eat meat and must fast on Fridays during “Lent”.  In 2020, Lent is the 40-days (not including Sundays) beginning (in 2020) on Ash Wednesday, Feb-26 and ending on Saturday, Apr-8.  Easter Sunday is Apr-9.

Catholics do not have a monopoly on Lent; it is commonly observed (in varying forms) among many Protestant, Orthodox and other Christian denominations.

LL  

Archived