SASS Wire Forum

Was there ever a time in SASS

Scrub Oak Willie 53737

Wen I started in 2000 there were no makeups. SASS Conventions changed that, not sure what year. Did not really care one way or the other but it sure helped this old Outlaw get closer to a clean match, also increased my consumption of SG shells. I may have single-handidly kept Remington in business a few years.

I don't know about shotguns but at one time I suggested throwing a lariat to catch a dummy before shooting. (Which is a heck of a lot more cowboy than shooting anything). I just about  had a live shootout with me as a target

There's an undefined line in writing stage instructions. Its between doing a 10-10-4 and going off the wheels and sending shooters away unhappy. As in shoot 1 round from your shotgun, move to X, shoot 5 rounds from your pistol, move to Y, shoot 1 round from your shotgun, move to X and shoot 5 rounds from your rifle, empty, shoot 1 round form your shotgun move to Z and shoot 5 rounds from your pistol, move to your rifle load 5 and shoot. All with different target sequences.

And yes we've shot stages with no shotgun make ups. Makes the shooters slow down just a nano second.

Ike

31 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

There's an undefined line in writing stage instructions. Its between doing a 10-10-4 and going off the wheels and sending shooters away unhappy. As in shoot 1 round from your shotgun, move to X, shoot 5 rounds from your pistol, move to Y, shoot 1 round from your shotgun, move to X and shoot 5 rounds from your rifle, empty, shoot 1 round form your shotgun move to Z and shoot 5 rounds from your pistol, move to your rifle load 5 and shoot. All with different target sequences.

And yes we've shot stages with no shotgun make ups. Makes the shooters slow down just a nano second.

Ike

I don't suggest no SG make-ups but you do have to mix things up once in a while. Folks get bored with 10-10-4 Nevada Sweeps al the time.

And Grass Range, you're in the wrong organization. You need SRTS (Single Rope Throwing Society), then you'll be welcomed right on in.   :D

Archived