SASS Wire Forum

Technical hammer question

Barry Sloe

Will a SBH hammer fit in a Ruger Old Army?  One of those questions that just popped into my head. 

BS

No.  The SBH hammer has a flat spot that hits a transfer bar, and that hits a firing pin.

the ROA hammer goes through a slot in the frame, and hits the cap directly.

however Boomstick Jay welded SBH spurs to my ROA hammers.

Three Cut put SBH hammer spurs on my Ruger Old Armies back when you could first get them from Ruger. They have worked really good. The lower profile makes it easier for my short thumbs to cock the hammers.

Lucky grin_zpsebe960c5.png

12 hours ago, Gawd Awful said:

No.  The SBH hammer has a flat spot that hits a transfer bar, and that hits a firing pin.

the ROA hammer goes through a slot in the frame, and hits the cap directly.

however Boomstick Jay welded SBH spurs to my ROA hammers.

Boomstick Jay can do the work and when he is done it will look like they came from the factory that way.

www.boomstickarms.com

Barry, Sedalia Dave is right on with the recommendation on Boomstick Jay. Here's some pictures of the hammers he did for me.

The way I went about getting them done was to buy the SBH hammers from Brownells and then sent Boomstick the original ROA hammers along with the SBH's along with payment (don't recall the cost, but  not bad). They come back looking like they came from the factory.

Course you could save yourself a lot of time and trouble and just buy one of the pairs shown here (not just the hammers but the whole shootin irons)

DSC00077.JPG

DSC00078.JPG

DSC00079.JPG

DSC00082.JPG

46 minutes ago, High Rock Drifter said:

Course you could save yourself a lot of time and trouble and just buy one of the pairs shown here (not just the hammers but the whole shootin irons)

DSC00077.JPG

DSC00078.JPG

DSC00079.JPG

DSC00082.JPG

High Rock, Those are some nice pistolas. But you've never seen the grizzly come out in Trizzlie. 

BS

Archived