SASS Wire Forum

What am I doing wrong now!

Eyesa Horg

Yesterday and previous when I clicked on "unread content" and the list came up--- when I looked at a thread and hit back space I would return to where I was in the list. Now every time I do it today, it returns to the top of the list requiring a scroll back down thru to get back to where I was.

What am I suddenly doing wrong??

Must not be holding yer mouth right :lol: - seems to work for me.

41 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Eyesa.

Are you 'clicking' with your index finger or your middle finger?

Right finger or left finger?

We're here to help you..... :D

..........Widder

Just gotta be a timing issue - mebby his carrier needs a little pee-nut budder ?

20 minutes ago, Yusta B. said:

Just gotta be a timing issue - mebby his carrier needs a little pee-nut budder ?

Ah yes..... Widder's secret miracle lube.   Good info.   Thanks Yusta.

..........Widder

14 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Eyesa.

Are you 'clicking' with your index finger or your middle finger?

Right finger or left finger?

We're here to help you..... :D

..........Widder

Right index finger :D I've checked browser and SASS site setting and don't see anything that would have changed it. I guess I just need to see what the next thread is so I can scroll back to that point!:o

Seems to be only happening on this sight, I'm not having the issue elsewhere. Is there maybe a setting I changed accidentally?

31 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

What are you using for a browser?  The wife says to try clearing your cache, but that would also clear your history.

Red Wolf

Firefox--I'll try clearing the history and see what happens. Thanks

Nope cleared everything from History except cookies and no difference.

Why would it have changed all of a sudden. I'll try my laptop and Chrome and see what happens. My office PC is Vista and doesn't support Chrome anymore.:(

14 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

The wife suggested to try a different browser.

Red Wolf

Well it appears that Mrs. Wolf is on to something! Despite all the security warnings, I launched Chrome on the PC and no issue with the back button. So in conclusion, the issue seems to be with FireFox. Have no clue what would have suddenly changed there a couple days ago however!

Do you let firefox update automagically?  It could be that they pushed an update onto ya.  Do you have a cookie or script blocker?  Maybe you need to make sure the HTTPS version of the website is whitelisted as well as the HTTP version.  I just looked in my addressbar and noticed I'm using the HTTPS while my bookmark uses HTTP.  Perhaps that's a recent website change. 

1 hour ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Do you let firefox update automagically?  It could be that they pushed an update onto ya.  Do you have a cookie or script blocker?  Maybe you need to make sure the HTTPS version of the website is whitelisted as well as the HTTP version.  I just looked in my addressbar and noticed I'm using the HTTPS while my bookmark uses HTTP.  Perhaps that's a recent website change. 

It does update automatically and did so on June 7th. This issue just started a couple days ago. I wonder if I accidentally changed something on this site and saved it as in the "activity stream". I did save there not long ago when a save button showed up. Didn't notice a change at the time. Is there a way to delete cookie for just this site? Went to FireFox support and a person replied that I'm using an outdated version, but FireFox says I'm up to date as of 6/7. The address bar indicates I'm on HTTPS

When I hit the back button, it goes to where I was for about a second and then to the top of the page, if that helps!

FireFox revision should be 60.0.2 - at least that's what mine shows & reports "Up to date". Updated 6 June.

2 hours ago, Yusta B. said:

FireFox revision should be 60.0.2 - at least that's what mine shows & reports "Up to date". Updated 6 June.

Mine is 52.8.1 which is relatively new for Vista. I installed it a couple months ago and haven't had any issues with it. I tried 60.0.2 and it won't work on Vista so it says. Mine claims it is up to date as of 6/7. Thinking I might try and delete the Cookies, but that usually cause me some sort of pain, so I don't usually do that! We're getting close though.:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Mine is 52.8.1 which is relatively new for Vista. I installed it a couple months ago and haven't had any issues with it. I tried 60.0.2 and it won't work on Vista so it says. Mine claims it is up to date as of 6/7. Thinking I might try and delete the Cookies, but that usually cause me some sort of pain, so I don't usually do that! We're getting close though.:ph34r:

Ah - running Windows 7 Home Premium here - bet that's gonna make a difference. Hope you get it figured out.

Me too Yusta, I tried reloading FireFox, but it keeps my old profile and bookmarks, Thank God! I always hate deleting cookies as things just seem to disappear, but that will be the next thing to try.

OK, Now I've deleted everything in history on the browser including cookies. Been playing here and the ONLY place this issue is happening is "Unread Content" list. All the individual forums, back goes back to where I was. "Unread goes back to the top of the page.:(

With a cookie manager you can delete cookies for individual sites. 

I'm not too much help with your problem.  Because of inconsistencies in how the back button works on various sites, I am in the habit of right clicking on topics and opening them in new tabs (OK I actually middle click cause I got one of them fancy 3 button mouses).  I have never even looked at the activity list and unread content before today. 

8 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

With a cookie manager you can delete cookies for individual sites. 

I'm not too much help with your problem.  Because of inconsistencies in how the back button works on various sites, I am in the habit of right clicking on topics and opening them in new tabs (OK I actually middle click cause I got one of them fancy 3 button mouses).  I have never even looked at the activity list and unread content before today. 

Thanks RG--- Your method works well also. I use the "unread content" button because it brings up the whole list of posts I haven't read, then I click on "mark site read" and the list stays relatively short unless I don't get on for a day or two. This way I don't miss any posts. I deleted all my cookies , cache, history, reloaded FireFox and still doesn't work. I'm going with your method!!

Archived