SASS Wire Forum

Fire in the OC update Tuesday Evening

Texas Lizard

For those of us in Orange County area here in California...Keep an eye out for the fire....Starting to spread out and getting somewhat close to my area...If it hits here it has gone threw a lot of homes...Just smokey for now...All depends on the wind...If it shifts, I'm going remote and gone...Also taking black powder with me...

Texas Lizard

Winds shifted blowing smoke out of my area...At this time not sure if Santa Ana winds are coming back...Still a good size fire, just not coming my way...At this time...

Good luck and keep safe!!!

Be safe, I have friends all over that area checking in on social media.  It is getting pretty gnarly.

I do not live in an area where fire of this type ever occurs. I could not imagine the magnitude of such an event.  But when I went to EOT in 2016, the radio news (many miles out) was talking of the fire near Founders Ranch.  The closer we got to the range, we could see the smoke and how large of an area it was covering. (no where near as bad as the current situation in California). There is a severe feeling of helplessness. 

Seeing such a fire for the first time was indeed nerve racking. The folks at EOT had emergency plans and evacuation routes all ready to go and the though of such a fire hit home for the first time. I cannot fathom the immense damage, loss of life and fears that the people in the fire area are going through. Our thoughts a prayers are with you.

Archived