SASS Wire Forum

WTC

Wicker Nash

Rifle sweep consisted  of three targets each about 15' apart, running left to right across the bay (1,2,3).

Engagement was to be 1,3,1,3,2.  Then repeat.  

Shooter shot targets 1,3,1,3 discharged rifle before moving to hit 2 missing any target.   Then they shot 2,1,3,1,3.   

What should the proper call have been? 

I was the TO and called a miss and a P.   The shooter contended that a miss can't cause a P.   I explained that it was the shot on 2 that should have been on 1 that caused the P.  Just curious about other points of view. 

Yep , miss & p, he should of moved on when shooter missed, that's why he finished on wrong target, 

I hate when there is a miss & a P and shooter or spotter , peanut gallery say a miss can't cause a P when clearly they shot out of order plus had a miss 

when a miss can't cause a P is when a shooter clearly misses the wrong target but since they missed you can't call a P 

There is only ONE correct "point of view" according to the rules...you made the right call.

The miss did NOT cause the "P"...HITTING the targets "out of order" after missing a target did.

Archived