SASS Wire Forum

The Great Spaghetti Western

Hairtrigger Hayes

The Texas Ten Horns will be hosting their annual match on May 5th through 7th this year. Our range is located in N. Texas less than one hour from the DFW Metroplex. If you are interested either contact me or go to our website for more information. The registration form is on the website. www.texas10horns.org

We're going to be shooting 10 stages over two days with lots of fun scenarios on good targets. Hope you can make it!

Lookin' forward to seein' you at the match Bill.

Got in the new targets and while I'm not going to say they will be "Big and Close" I will say that we'll be set up for "Optimum Speed"!!!

Put me down to be there. Leaving in the morning for AZ. When I get back fro Winter Range I'll either bring my entry to the March match or mail it in. Really like shooting there,

Ben Scalped

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

Early entry deadline will be March 15th. Everyone who has their entry in prior to the 15th will be in a drawing for not one but TWO Colt BB guns!!! That's right, a PAIR of Colt BB guns. You could be the envy of all the kids on the block. Or, better yet, you could get some guffaws from the counters when you step up to the pistol targets with the epitome of a "mouse fart" load as you blaze away at your next monthly!!!

This is going to be a great shoot with great fast stages, and great food to boot

So be sure to sign up and see you at the Greek Spaghetti Western

Hey Bart - I thought this was Eye-talian !

I've heard Tonto and Mongo may make it to the match. On different days. Could this be true? If so, it would be worth going to the match just to see them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Hairtrigger, Kelli and I are going to come down, been checking it out.

What motels are in the area that are half decent please?

J,

Appears that Greenville is going to be about the closest with any availability (22 miles).  Don't know what is going on in area but I am finding many motels to be booked up.  I may end up finding driving the 90 minutes each morning the best bet for Sassy and I. 

bb

BB I got a room in Bonham at Americas Best Value Inn looks ok and as a senior it's only $45.00 per night. TexMex rest next door.

cheers Jack

I am really excited about this match!  Staying with my brother in Lewisville, so will be a short drive each morning.  I know there will be GREAT folks there!

Lil.

The 5 rivers motel and RV park is just 6.7 miles from the range in Leonard, TX.  Rate is $55 per night and the rooms are decent and clean.  The RV park has full hook up for $25 per night.  Phone # is 903-587-5555.

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

The deadline for signing up for the Great Spaghetti Western has been extended to April 28th. 

The stages are written and they will be fast, close and FUN! 

AND...we've just added a DILLON 650 to the raffle items!!!

Be sure and get signed up quick.  We're going to have to shut it down at 100 shooters so get those applications in quick!

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:07 AM, Complicated Lady said:

Going to be a good one!

How many shooters we got so far?

So far about 4 dozen.  I figure that will nearly double before match date.  It's gonna be a GOOD TIME!!!

• 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

A Rugged Gear 4-gun shooting cart has just been added to the list of raffle items. 

We've still got room but it's filling up QUICK!!!

Hope you can make it!!!

Hairtrigger

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for my first annual match.  I believe these guys will be shooting a fifth Saturday classic SASS/Wild Bunch match this coming Saturday 4/29.  This would be a great warm-up for the GSW. 

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

In an attempt to have a little fun and raise some money for the SASS Scholarship Foundation we have decided to have a silent auction at the Great Spaghetti Western. 

Here are the details:  On our Boot hill stage we have 9 targets (a combination of tombstones and coffins) and will be auctioning off the right to place a name on either a coffin or tombstone.  "What's so special about that?" you ask.  Well, nowhere in the rules does it say it has to be YOUR name!  So if you've got an arch nemesis that you'd like to send a friendly little competitive nudge, just put his or her name over on Boot Hill.  Since this is all in good fun, the purchaser and the recipient will both get a photo op before the main match starts on Saturday morning. 

100% of the funds raised in the silent auction will be going to the SASS Scholarship Foundation.  This is a great opportunity to raise funds for a worthy cause and "bury" the competition!

How many can I put down in one hole? at Arlington National they are stacking them up in graves.  As slow as I shoot I need to put a bunch of em in the ground>

It's almost time for this fun event.....I'm packing up.

If you had a chance to go and did not then you missed a Great Match! Thanks to all the folks who helped putting on this event, really enjoyed everything and somehow I managed to shoot clean (aaaah no misses my stuff smoked too much to say clean)

Scout

This was my first annual match and I had a blast!  I didnt know what to expect and every was really helpful and welcoming. Everything was well orchestrated and very organized.  I appreciate all the volunteers that made this a great experience.  I will definately be back next year.  Thank you Texas Ten Horns!

The Great Spaghetti Western 2017 was a HUGE success.  I want to thank all those involved, both shooters and waddies for making the event so much fun for all involved.  Top Guns in the overall were Creek County Kid and Kathouse Kelli.  We were blessed to have a number of really great shooters come and spend a fun weekend with us in N. Texas.  We'll be doing it again next year so stay tuned!!!

Super shoot....great folks, weather, prizes, food, stages,  posses (mine, #3), and very nice & unique winner's trophies.  Even the little motel (5 Rivers) was adequate and clean.....and only five miles from range

Thanks to all.

BTW....what a treat to have the Top Overall M & F winners on my posse.....along with numerous other winners, including Sassy Boots

Archived