SASS Wire Forum

Time and Relativity

Subdeacon Joe

Or a Friday where I work...along with Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and quite often Saturday...

I couldn't believe that they scheduled an all day meeting the first Saturday in March. That is the first match of the year at my new home club. I told them "No! Pick another day". They said that was it and I needed to be there. I stuck to my guns (pun intended). I will not be there. They might be but I won't.

My boss relented and "gave" me the day off.

If I didn't like my job I would be elsewhere....grumbling about being there too, I'm sure :)

If I didn't like my job I would be elsewhere....grumbling about being there too, I'm sure :)

I was griping about something at work a few days back. My boss commented about me not liking my job. I think she worries because I'm "over-qualified" and retail has a high turnover rate. I looked at her and grinned. Told her I like my job just fine, that I complained about the Army Reserve and the National Guard for over twenty years too, but kept reenlisting.

Yes, if the right job comes along, I will leave, but I think everyone would say that. Of course, it doesn't look like that is happening any time soon.

• Like 2

I wonder how many people actually find their "right job" anymore versus how many people simply work where they work because they need to work?

I wonder how many people actually find their "right job" anymore versus how many people simply work where they work because they need to work?

I suppose that depends. For me, being in the Army Reserve and the National Guard was the "right job." I loved it, and miss it every day. Being the attorney representing our children services agency as an assistant prosecutor was the "right job." A job I didn't enjoy, but was passionate about, good at, and received a bit of fulfillment from. It wasn't my choice to no longer do it. I wish that being a police and fire dispatcher had been the "right job." I tried harder than anything I ever tried, with the possible exception of being a combat medic. I just couldn't develop that skill set. Right now, I enjoy my work, although I wish it paid more and the hours were different. Is it the right job for me? At this point in time it pays the bills, I do it passably well, and I enjoy it, so that is enough. I applied for a job using my actual degree almost two months ago, and was really excited by the prospect. At this point in my life, I thought it could be the "right job." But it appears it is not to be.

I suppose that depends. For me, being in the Army Reserve and the National Guard was the "right job." I loved it, and miss it every day. Being the attorney representing our children services agency as an assistant prosecutor was the "right job." A job I didn't enjoy, but was passionate about, good at, and received a bit of fulfillment from. It wasn't my choice to no longer do it. I wish that being a police and fire dispatcher had been the "right job." I tried harder than anything I ever tried, with the possible exception of being a combat medic. I just couldn't develop that skill set. Right now, I enjoy my work, although I wish it paid more and the hours were different. Is it the right job for me? At this point in time it pays the bills, I do it passably well, and I enjoy it, so that is enough. I applied for a job using my actual degree almost two months ago, and was really excited by the prospect. At this point in my life, I thought it could be the "right job." But it appears it is not to be.

Don't lose hope. If this one isn't to be, the right one will come along. Keep the positive thoughts/vibes coming. It will happen.