SASS Wire Forum

Le Mat Revolvers in SASS?

Doc Ironbeard

For fun, once in awhile, I bring my two .41 Long Colt Thunderers to a match. Eyes open when I shoot them double action!!! :wub:

OK....silly question time. :blink: Remembering Johnny Ringo from my childhood TV shows, does anyone shoot the .44 caliber Le Mat Revolvers in SASS? Have you ever seen it done? It just seems like a fun and funky pistol - with a lot of firepower when you think about it.

Best I recall, Johnny Ringo used a cartridge converted LeMat, unlike the real ones.

I just started watching the HBO Westworld series and saw that Ed Harris as "the man in black" uses one more like Johnny Ringo's with 9 cartridges and a shotgun shell.

Here's an article I found about it: http://www.wideopenspaces.com/hbos-westworlds-ed-harris-lemat-conversion-revolver/

There are a few minor inconsistencies between the real gun and the television show prop. For example, the shotgun barrel would not come apart from the weapon when Ed Harris disassembles the gun, were it a real LeMat.

He also could not load a centerfire shotgun shell into the gun as he does in the show. The shotgun barrel on a real LeMat is a muzzleloader, and there is no practical conversion kit that will allow it to be anything but.

But the attention to detail is impressive in the show. Harris does actually switch the revolver’s hammer trigger pin between cartridges and shotgun. Very cool!

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think the LeMat is legal for SASS. They will not allow the Ruger Single seven because it has 7 chambers so why would they allow a LeMat that has 9?

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think the LeMat is legal for SASS. They will not allow the Ruger Single seven because it has 7 chambers so why would they allow a LeMat that has 9?

Different rules for cap and ball guns

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - insulting
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - insulting

The correction has been made & seconded...you are WRONG!

REF posts #8 & #16...

OR

...when all else fails

RT*M

.....or have someone else read it to you...

slowly and clearly.

;)

Edited by PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L
  • Like 1
Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - Insult
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - Insult

The correction has been made & seconded...you are WRONG!

REF posts #8 & #16...

OR

...when all else fails

RT*M

.....or have someone else read it to you...

slowly and clearly.

;)

No need to get nasty about this!!

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - Reply to insult
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - Reply to insult

No need to get nasty about this!!

You ain't seen "nasty" (yet)...but if you persist I can certainly accommodate ya.

:P

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - continuation of insults
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - continuation of insults

You ain't seen "nasty" (yet)...but if you persist I can certainly accommodate ya.

OK, so instead of apologizing for you comment sounding nasty you get even nastier! Is this the new cowboy way?

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - More insults
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - More insults

OK, so instead of apologizing for you comment sounding nasty you get even nastier! Is this the new cowboy way?

You no see any "smilies" on the reply YOU REQUESTED??

TO QUOTE: "Correct me if I'm wrong..."

You have made the same erroneous statement TWICE:

"I don't think the LeMat is legal for SASS"...and been corrected & directed to the rule in the SHB numerous times.

For that, I will not apologize.

Are you being purposely obtuse or is the problem a reading disability of some sort?

...and do NOT lecture me on "the Cowboy Way"

Fence%20Post-M.jpg

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - No reason given

I just reread the entire thread and realized I had posted before about this. I should have remembered but I didn't so please hang me for a mistake on my part.

Edited by Nickel City Dude
Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - No reason given

I just reread the entire thread and realized I had posted before about this. I should have remembered but I didn't so please hang me for a mistake on my part.

I ain't the Hangman...although I must admit yer doin' a mighty fine job all on your own.

;)

There's a reason you were being referred back to previous posts on this thread addressing the same Q&A.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - No reason given

You couldn’t just take the win graciously could you? You had to get that last insult in. This is my last post on this subject regardless as to weather or not you fling another insult at me.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 27, 2016 - No reason given

You couldnt just take the win graciously could you? You had to get that last insult in. This is my last post on this subject regardless as to weather or not you fling another insult at me.

Ah, c'mon...just one more?

hickock-M.jpg

BTW...the word is "whether"...

Oops...guess that was two more.

;)

Edited by PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L

FYI...rule inquiries & "WtC?" questions sent directly to SASS HQ are generally forwarded to the ROC...which usually directs them to my "desk"

Been a bit busy tryin' to not die lately and wasting time arguing about a "black & white" rule issue IS my idea of FUN...but I prefer an armed opponent for a more sporting contest.

Guess that makes three...