SASS Wire Forum

Gunsmoke 2016 SASS Midwest Regional What a awesome event!

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

Once again the Cedar Valley Vigilantes have outdone themselves. This is my tenth Gunsmoke in a row and I can tell you I had as much fun as the first time. The facility,the stages,the targets,the food,the vendors..........all first class. Drifter, Shootist, KC,Bronco Kate,Songbird, the Steil Ladies and all the CVV'ers should be very proud of their event. They always make our crew feel like we are part of the family and have since day one. I always appreciate the opportunity to do my shooting school there as well. Planning for next year already.

Congrats on your overall win duece.

Totally agree the club, range and members are one of a kind. It's always nice to rub elbows or at least watch from afar some of the greatest talent in the sport

Year after Year Gunsmoke has Been my Favorite Shoot. Cant imagine how hard it is to get all of this pulled off. The best food iv ever had at a Cowboy match (2 nights in a row) Great stages stages. Awesome job CVV

Congrats on your overall win duece.

Totally agree the club, range and members are one of a kind. It's always nice to rub elbows or at least watch from afar stone of the greatest talent in the sport

Congrats to you Evil, 4th overall, first gunfighter. Not shooting against Bill must have helped :).

Bob we possed together. Bill always does better when I'm there to harass him. The sad part is i have to give most of the credit to him because i finally listened to him. I slowed way down and hit the targets instead of burning it up and missing. Good thing he never checks the wire so he'll never see me giving him the credit. It would make his head only bigger.

Thank you to all of the shooters, conventioneers and the many volunteers. We were lucky to have volunteers which drove from a far and spent the week helping us. We also had volunteers that helped for a few days and some for a day. As anyone knows who puts on these events, volunteers make the event a huge success. As SASS says...come for the shooting and stay for the people. We have a great sport with truly remarkable cowboys!!

Hope to see you all next year and if you haven't come to Gunsmoke before, you really are missing out on making great friends.

Hail Hot Mary or Mama Steil

Gunsmoke is one of the best shoots in the country. My wife and I made it part of our vacation this year, so we were there for the entire week. Lots of shopping at the vendors, great seminars, awesome food, great posse, and best shoot around. This should be on everyone's must shoot list.

Heeee Haaaa..Gunsmoke what an AWESOME event . :wub: The food was the best ever.. :) Thank you CVV,Drifter,Hail Mary,Bronco,and everybody involved we had alot of FUN.. :lol: Had the honor and privledge to Shoot with"Doots" Carty,and a Possee of top Shootest.. :o Posse 11 ROCKED.. ;) Congrats Medicine Creek Johnny.on your win.. ^_^

Heeee Haaaa Crazy Mingo and Sandy Cheeks :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

This was our first trip to Gunsmoke, and it was a blast. This was the largest event that we have been to and it was very well done, the stages were fun and the people great. Thanks to everyone there that made it possible and thanks to posse 2 for helping me and my 2 Buckaroos.

Volga Vigilante

Like everybody else said, that GunSmoke was, and is the best shoot around! I didn't do real good, but I did only have one miss from 12 stages! My wife (Sunrise Rider) did way better then me and came out in 3rd place Lady Wrangler! The venders where awesome, and the chow wagon on the range was great! The two provided meals where fantastic, and filling! However most of all, BIG thanks to Ahlman's and the Cedar Valley Vigilantes! This was a world class shoot, and everything the MD's did was done to perfection! Except the rain on Thursday. They just couldn't stop that! The only thing it really interfered with was the Black Powder Exhibition night shoot! That would have been a hoot!!! Well, maybe next year!

Archived