SASS Wire Forum

EOT Match director shoots friend in the rear end.....

Korupt Karl

This is no different than what re-enactor gunfighters do everyday in places like Tombstone. Shooting blanks at bad guys is a long accepted American fun thing to do. Even if it is a good guy just pretending to be a bad guy. Get over it.

Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much...

Methinks you are missing a larger point.

re-enactors in places like Tombstone that do this everyday are viewed by the general public as entertainment professionals. I question the accuracy of that perception but there it is. The general public seeing just the video clip of Lassiter and Karl will see a couple of idiots playing with firearms. That kind of perception is a much greater threat to our firearm freedoms than all those politicians that everyone is so afraid of.

A person's perception is their reality, whether it is based on facts or fiction is irrelevant.

That long accepted American fun thing to do is becoming increasingly less accepted. And while we don't like it or agree with it. It is real, and will continue to be more troublesome as we are trying to enjoy our freedoms. In order to protect these freedoms, we need to be conscious of other people's perception of how we are enjoying them.

I'm in the camp that says this is a bad example, shouldn't be on youtube and contributes to the idea that shooters are a bunch of yahoo's

I love the skill shown, the generosity of the cowboys and I even understand the very minimal risk of the action but it is still not what we as shooters are taught or should be teaching.

Shootings in reenactments are done at longer ranges, the guns are not pointed at the other reenactors but off to a side.

Some morons will try just about anything they see-without the proper blanks and requisite skills and if they try this with live ammo, some other moron will end up hurt or dead

Hi guys....we raised over $600 for the fight against cancer. Lassiter is a multi world champion fast draw shooter. I was well protected by additional material and leather glovess. I would have been hurt more by a paintball than the blank shot by Tom....which was shot well to the left of me.

If you want to talk about the perception of most....well, most are cowboys on the cowboy wire and most know both Tom and I and we both have extensive credentials to the point that we don't see a need to say how great we are.....lol.

I was at a safe distance and Tom was an excellent and accurate demonstrator. Doc Eells and I have raised close to $30,000 these past years fighting against cancer. I'm dedicated to this as Doc and most of the cowboys/cowgirls are....I'm sorry that some of you are constantly being so negative and picking things apart.

Help us out and send me a check for your contribution to fight cancer and join with us. Some of you with negative posts are negative on all of your postson the wire. Some aren't even current on their dues and shouldn't be on the wire.

Sorry, but I will continue to fight for a cure....and yes, in a safe way.

As you said....some perceive us as a couple of idiots....WE AREN'T....some people see Hillary as innocent of all of her crimes....SHE Isn't.

Hi guys....we raised over $600 for the fight against cancer. Lassiter is a multi world champion fast draw shooter. I was well protected by additional material and leather glovess. I would have been hurt more by a paintball than the blank shot by Tom....which was shot well to the left of me.

If you want to talk about the perception of most....well, most are cowboys on the cowboy wire and most know both Tom and I and we both have extensive credentials to the point that we don't see a need to say how great we are.....lol.

I was at a safe distance and Tom was an excellent and accurate demonstrator. Doc Eells and I have raised close to $30,000 these past years fighting against cancer. I'm dedicated to this as Doc and most of the cowboys/cowgirls are....I'm sorry that some of you are constantly being so negative and picking things apart.

Help us out and send me a check for your contribution to fight cancer and join with us. Some of you with negative posts are negative on all of your postson the wire. Some aren't even current on their dues and shouldn't be on the wire.

Sorry, but I will continue to fight for a cure....and yes, in a safe way.

As you said....some perceive us as a couple of idiots....WE AREN'T....some people see Hillary as innocent of all of her crimes....SHE Isn't.

Well stated Korrupt Karl.....I'll still ride the river with you guys....great job on the money raiser.....I will contribute again if something is going on at the BP shoot.

........it's funny, if you take a short clip out of an hour long tape or movie you can make it appear however they would like. Lassiter, at the beginning of the half hour show demonstrated the safety aspects of shooting with blanks, etc....and several times during the show he repeatedly talked about safety.

If it would help raise funds to HELP DEFEAT CANCER I would stand on my head and stack pennies with my toungue.....

Just sayin

........it's funny, if you take a short clip out of an hour long tape or movie you can make it appear however they would like. Lassiter, at the beginning of the half hour show demonstrated the safety aspects of shooting with blanks, etc....and several times during the show he repeatedly talked about safety.

If it would help raise funds to HELP DEFEAT CANCER I would stand on my head and stack pennies with my toungue.....

Just sayin

Exactly!

Karl, I was disappointed by your previous post because I got the impression that you had missed my point altogether and found something in my comments to be offensive or even insulting. If so; then I think your reading something that isn't there. Perhaps I just use way too many words when trying to make a simple comment, it's part of my charm.

Anyhow; judging by the comment you just made, I think you do understand what I'm getting at. I have no problem whatsoever with what y'all were doing or why and I'm glad it was posted here on the wire where I (we all) could see it. I just don't think it's a good idea to put that little snippet up on YouTube where so many other folks may see it and do exactly what you just described.

If I have offended you, please know that was not my intent at all. :(

It was a "SHOW". Just like a knife throwing act, or the guy that shoots apples off his head. It starts with Lassiter saying "Don't try this at home". It is taken out of context (and reading something into it that isn't there) by implying this was just two guys "playing" with guns.

It is a "SHOW"!

Knob Creek Drover

Karl, Love ya man! In a you can't take my man card kinda way! I am proud to call you friend, and I am equally proud to say the same of Lassiter. Maybe he can shoot a balloon off my butt sometime! I ain't skeered and cause I know what he can do. I saw him win the gunfighter speed pistol once and he was shooting at the bolts that held the targets to the posts.........and was hitting them! Thanks for the funds ya raised at Black Gold! You are the man! Thanks to you, a lot of folks will be helped, a lot of folks will be given hope and a lot of folks will know that someone cares.

Karl, Love ya man! In a you can't take my man card kinda way! I am proud to call you friend, and I am equally proud to say the same of Lassiter. Maybe he can shoot a balloon off my butt sometime! I ain't skeered and cause I know what he can do. I saw him win the gunfighter speed pistol once and he was shooting at the bolts that held the targets to the posts.........and was hitting them! Thanks for the funds ya raised at Black Gold! You are the man! Thanks to you, a lot of folks will be helped, a lot of folks will be given hope and a lot of folks will know that someone cares.

Hey DOC, I got an idea.

Next time KK puts a balloon on his butt and ask Lassiter to shoot it off (using blanks) as a fund raiser for cancer, maybe those who think its a bad reflection on US or that it somehow endangers our 'rights', will offer MORE money for Lassiter NOT to shoot.

To shoot or NOT to shoot......who will raise the most money?

..........Widder

Archived