SASS Wire Forum

EOT Match director shoots friend in the rear end.....

Korupt Karl

My good friend Tom aka: Lassiter, was doing a quick draw demonstration and Shadai suggested Tom help me raise money for the fight against cancer....long story short, Tom pinned a balloon to my backside and with a blink of the eye he shot the balloon. It took me awhile to make sure everything was still intact....lol.

Bottom line our drive is $600 dollars to the good. Thanks to all that contributed and thanks to the folks at BLACK GOLD....awesome shoot.

Now we need someone to post the video......

VIDEO IS POSTED ABOUT FOUR POSTS DOWN.....

Ya gotta applaud both Lassiter and Karl.

Lassiter, using appropriate ammo, is fast and deadly accurate in his demos.

And ya gotta salute KK for suppling the 'prop' to position the balloon for the demo.

Atleast ONE of them knew what he was doing..... :)

..........Widder

Here ya' go....

THANKS FOR POSTING SADIE

Stupid it violates every safe gun handling rule in the book. There is no excuse for promoting unsafe behavior

I guess we need to insist that they stop making westerns? Experienced people with the right safety measures under controlled conditions - get off your high horse.

CR

OK, and be honest here; how many do you have considered shooting Korrupt Karl in the ass, with or without the charity benefit?

Regardless of your opinion as to the methodology, it's in a good cause.

Cheers,

FJT

how many do you have considered shooting Korrupt Karl in the ass,

Do believe Karl was more concerned protecting his 'family jewels' or his manhood than his ass! :D

OK, and be honest here; how many do you have considered shooting Korrupt Karl in the ass, with or without the charity benefit?

Regardless of your opinion as to the methodology, it's in a good cause.

Cheers,

FJT

Witness that they raised over $600, and each donation was a nickle! :P

I guess we need to insist that they stop making westerns? Experienced people with the right safety measures under controlled conditions - get off your high horse.

CR

I suggest you review the basic firearm safety rules

I suggest you review the basic firearm safety rules

I suggest you review the great trick shot shooters through history. A vast amount do some kind of shots off of assistants. Chalk or lit cigarettes out of mouths. Or held in hands Apple's off heads, to name just a few.

First rule don't point at anything you don't want to destroy. Well he pointed at the balloon not k.k. so he didn't break that rule now did he.

Karl's alive and $600+ was raised for cancer research.

If the $600 helps find a cure for cancer, it could end up being the 'Shot heard clear around the world'.

:)

..........Widder

I say Kudo's to both Lassiter and Karl! Both are fine, fine men and 2 of my best friends. That being said, if Lassiter had missed.....It was only Karl. :wacko: With the exception of all his friends....Me.....the world might be grateful for the missed shot! However, having seen Lassiter both shoot a match and his fast draw....Karl was in NO danger! Karl, thanks for your efforts in the fight against cancer, and thanks to all who donated!

WE teach these safety rules to or children as soon as they show any interest in firearms. They are posted at every range and should be read at every shooters meeting. There is no ambiguity and no exceptions in these rules.

Basic Safety Rules

Safe handling of firearms begins with the four basic rules listed below. An easy way to remember these rules is to ACTT responsibly around firearms. ACTT stands for:

1. Assume every gun to be loaded.

Consider any firearm you have not just unloaded to be loaded and treat it accordingly.

2. Control the muzzle–point guns in a safe direction.

You must decide what the safest available muzzle direction is and keep your firearm pointed in that direction. Never point a firearm at yourself or others.

3. Trigger Finger–keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire.

The natural instinct when picking up a firearm is to put your finger in the trigger guard. DON'T! This could cause an accidental discharge if the gun is loaded.

4. Target–be sure of your target and beyond.

Never point your firearm at something you do not intend to shoot. Make sure you positively identify what you are shooting at and know what lies in front of and beyond it.

Do not use telescopic sights as a substitute for binoculars when identifying persons, animals or objects.

To help you remember these four basic rules, think of ACTT

Was he using a blank like what they use in mounted shooting??

You've gotta be kidding me. He quotes the four rules of firearm safety? Can we do a trick shot...HTH can you stand in front of your television and I'll aim my channel changer and press MUTE as fast as I can? Hahahaha!Just like that demonstration...there won't be any live ammunition involved.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

For the record, the balloon might have been attached to Karl's butt, but the Cancer Cure fund raiser is attached to his heart.

Karl has sacrificed A LOT to help cure cancer than just using his butt as a prop.

And Lassiter, knowing the sacrifices that Karl has had, was probably grateful to help out.

You're probably more apt to get an eye injury having someone smash a cream pie in your face than you would having Lassiter shoot a blank at a balloon hanging from your butt.

..........Widder

I figured it was a blank but I wanted to clarify it so everyone just calms down and know that Lassiter, of all people, wouldn't do anything dangerous (even to Karl) :P

Lassiter and Karl are two of the best ambassadors of our sport and both go way beyond what most folks do to promote our sport and both have big hearts!!

I agree with HTH and his opinion that it willingly violates some of the basic rules of safe gun handling. While the risk was small, it was not zero. But it is amusing and for a great cause. I would not personally put myself on either end of that pistol 'cause I don't play that way. I would, however; put down my donation and watch the display with rapt attention and amusement. I enjoy watching people take risks and perform entertaining stunts. That's their choice and I applaud when they're successful and feel no sympathy when they're not.

I do have a concern about this video being posted on YouTube. If I were someone looking to discredit shooting sports in general and/or CAS in particular, I would find this video very useful to my cause. People in a position to pass judgement whether or not to allow our activities are not likely to view this favorably.

I don't think this video is one we want to show to the general public in an effort to promote our sport as I fear it will be more likely to have the opposite effect. I would like to see the video removed from YouTube and posted here in some other way to help keep it in the family as it were.

Folks who are "Anti-Whatever" are frequently against something due to a misunderstanding of the thing they are against.

Just saying :unsure:

PM sent to Mr. Harrison. Apparently he does not know Lassiter or Karl.

Thanks Doc! Someone needed to try and cool him down!

PM sent to Mr. Harrison. Apparently he does not know Lassiter or Karl.

And here is my response

Just for your information I have not shot in several years because of both health issues and employment. Even when I did shoot I never bothered to keep score I was never into the competition.

I have been a police academy range officer, a hunter safety instructor and taught both the NRA home firearms safety course and the Eddie Eagle course. At no time did I or any other instructor ever teach that it was permissible to point a firearm at another person for any reason except self defense. At both the sportsman's clubs I belong to my membership would have been revoked for pointing a firearm at anyone.

If you think that this stunt was a good idea I suggest that you submit this video to the former insurance carrier for the range for their review. Notice I said former because that is what they would be.

There is no excuse for unsafe gun handling and no matter how you try to justify it that's what this is

I would never question the intent of the participants and I'm sure proper safety precautions were taken but nothing justifies a video showing or promoting unsafe gun handling

Great cause. Thank you for caring Karl and Lassiter. What a blast!!!!

While the risk was assessed and understood and accepted why give the anti gun group ammo to take away our right.

This is no different than what re-enactor gunfighters do everyday in places like Tombstone. Shooting blanks at bad guys is a long accepted American fun thing to do. Even if it is a good guy just pretending to be a bad guy. Get over it.

Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much...

Archived