SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Charger

Tom Bullweed

The Ruger Charger sings to me like a dang siren. I keep coming back to it thinking what a neat range and field gun for plinking and light small game hunting.

I know that it is a modified 10/22, one of the most proven guns available. I would appreciate the feedback from any cowboy who has sent some rounds down the barrel of this model. Accuracy? Reliability? Shootability?

The Charger is reliable, as accurate as the shooter, and easy to shoot. It will accept the 25 round 10/22 magazines, and could be concealed if needed. A great survival tool.

Howdy,

They look fun, lots of goodies will fit from the full size and it should have

decent resale if you decide you don't like it.

I see no downside except for a bit of depreciation.

And .22 ammo is becoming available at many more tables at the shows.

Its your money but I vote 'buy' or get a rossi ranch hand, fun too.

Best

CR

We have a little game at our gun club called Extreme Rimfire where they shoot at scaled down NRA chickens, pigs, rams etc. They shoot these little targets from 75 yards out to 200 yards with 22 caliber rounds. I have seen a Charger with a good scope and excellent shooter clean the match from a benchrest. Yes, they are very accurate.

Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of the suppressor, but keep thinking that they might take away the Class III requirement. I have no interest(for right now) in the SBR, especially if the gun can be handled well without a buttstock.

Archived