SASS Wire Forum

WTB : 24" barrel for my IAC 1887 lever shotgun

Diamond Curly SASS#57086

I have an IAC 1887 lever shotgun that I would like a longer barrel than the 20" barrel. I am just looking for a barrel not another shotgun. Any suggestions who might sell one would be appreciated. Thanks, DC

There aren't any longer barrels available any more. When IAC first started importing 87s and 97s they made a 26" barreled 97. You could take that barrel and put it on an 87. That was ten years ago. About the only thing you can do now is splice some barrel onto the existing barrel. Lassister has done some and you can't see the seam from the inside or the outside.

If you need a barrel to cannibalize for an extension to weld on, I have a couple of old 12ga barrels (kinda rough). Let me know.

There aren't any longer barrels available any more. When IAC first started importing 87s and 97s they made a 26" barreled 97. You could take that barrel and put it on an 87. That was ten years ago. About the only thing you can do now is splice some barrel onto the existing barrel. Lassister has done some and you can't see the seam from the inside or the outside.

Thank you for the information.

If you need a barrel to cannibalize for an extension to weld on, I have a couple of old 12ga barrels (kinda rough). Let me know.

Thank you very much for your offer. I will let you know what I decide to do. DC

Why, the solution is simple. Just go down to the armory and ask to borrow their barrel stretcher. Then go to the flight line and ask for a bucket of Prop Wash. :D

Archived