SASS Wire Forum

I saw sick colt Python

Irish Pat

Went in. A local shop yesterday and there was s colt Python in their case marked $1,699! K immediately asked to get a closer look and the original grips had been replaced with some after market rubbed grips it had a rough re-blue the cylinder latch was purple the hammer had been re checked and nickeled made me want to cry

In todays parlance of the young crowd "sick" means awesome. This one I assume was not. ;)

I had an 8" Python in the mid 1990s. It was a beauty that I regret selling.

I looked last year to buy another. What I learned from two very experienced 'smiths is that there is a designed-in weakness with the foot (aka locking tab). Colt designed this part to absorb the wear that is spread among the crane and front/rear locking devices on other pistols. Though a great concept, replacements parts will be an increasingly tough part to find. I opted for a new Ruger, and with a spring kit unstalled have no regrets.

It is painful to see a classic destroyed in the manner you described.

Tom, I sold an 8" one back before they got ridiculous and I too regret it. I think they will come back down some, but never to a reasonable price. All of the snake guns are silly expensive right now. I've seen 1911's with sick gold plating and colored parts and all kinds of dumb things (in my opinion) done to fine firearms. Guess there's no accounting for taste...

Howdy,

A friend of mine had a nice colt. He never had time to shoot it.

He never would sell me the darn thing tho.

Well tuned rugers work for me.

And they don't NEED repairs.

Just cleaning.....

Best

CR

ps- thanks to West Fargo...... ^_^

Guest Grass Range #51406

You would not want to see my Python. I don't like the shape of the original grip frame so I put the whole thing on the belt sander and it now has a banana shape grip. Carried in the middle of my back for 40 years while hunting. Finishing shot many times on Elk

Archived