SASS Wire Forum

I have little or no love for the news media, but looking at the Fox headline I ask my self,

WTH? So they are sending them over, I doubt that they will be doing a glass over of

ISIS anytime soon.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/03/04/us-sending-nuclear-capable-b-52-bombers-to-isis-fight.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Media sensationalism, Badger...

Of course they're "nuclear capable." All that means is that they are capable of carrying a nuke. But then, so is about everything else we have that can fly.

But hey... they can carry so much conventional ordnance they don't need no stinkin' nukes... ;)

Infidels with hats and antique weapons producing mass quantities of smoke and misses on steel at close range...probably inspire them to create another branch of "special" farces. They'd likely interpret it as a secret strategy to defeat armor while providing a screen for tactical maneuvers.

This is one of those "drive by media" stories. Some BUFF's are nuclear capable. Others are not due to arms reduction treaty provisions. B-1B's are NOT nuclear capable. They are being rotated stateside for upgrades to their electronics. Although capable of packing a tremendous amount of conventional ordnance, the B-52 is NOT capable of operating in a "contested environment". So they will use standoff weapons. They will also get updated data on the threat environment from F-22's that will be operating in the area. For more information, consult Aviation Week magazine and Air Force Magazine. Or check with the Chinese and/or Russian hackers. They probably know more... :ph34r::o

According to the headline on the article, it sounds like they are going to use nuclear weapons on ISIS.

What a crock of c&%p that is. Fox News should be ashamed of themselves, but once in the hog trough

I guess you are bound to get dirty.

In my opinion, they are about a year late in using the big birds with

some conventional weapons, but with the things going on with the DC crowd, nothing surprises me.

I have a bad feeling about this. The planes were not designed to hang around in the sky. This is a disaster. They have no protection and are targets for whatever capability Assad has been given that will reach that altitude, no matter how old that weaponry may be. We can't lose (waste) a single one of these planes in a crappy little scrap like this, especially with the restrictions in place now to carry out warfare and the fact that the these B-52's are irreplaceable. Stupid. Upgrade te B-1's later.

Archived