SASS Wire Forum

OT: What gun laws would you like to GET RID of?

Chili Ron

Howdy,

I think the minimum barrel length on rifles is nonsense.

Im told that 11 inches is all that's needed to get max speed out of most .22s.

Assuming you have .22s to shoot of course.....

So all the metal after 11 inches is wasted?

How much metal is that?

Millions of pounds of good metal, millions.

It seems our military likes shorter barrels on the m16 or whatever they call it today.

Any other unusually stupid gun laws come to mind....?

Best

CR

As far as stupid gun laws, I know in the 1980's Kansas had a law on the books that you could not have a pistol with a barrel over 10 inches.

As far as laws almost all of them. I am ok with a 1-3 day waiting period to keep a hot head from doing something stupid. But they need to start enforcing laws on criminals who break the gunlaws and not plea bargain them away.

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy,

Do you really want to get rid of the no guns for convicts part?

Best

CR

I do. If they CAN be trusted on the street, then they should have the same rights as everybody else, including self-defense. If we didn't treat them like felons for life, a whole lot more of them wouldn't continue to be felons for life.

And, if they CAN'T be trusted on the street with a gun, they shouldn't BE on the street, since they can't be trusted with a car, a knife, a hammer or a baseball bat - hell, more people are murdered every year with bare hands than with all types of long guns combined.

I do. If they CAN be trusted on the street, then they should have the same rights as everybody else, including self-defense. If we didn't treat them like felons for life, a whole lot more of them wouldn't continue to be felons for life.

And, if they CAN'T be trusted on the street with a gun, they shouldn't BE on the street, since they can't be trusted with a car, a knife, a hammer or a baseball bat - hell, more people are murdered every year with bare hands than with all types of long guns combined.

Exactly. If they have done their time, and are no longer having to report to any probation/parole officer, their punishment is over and all rights should be restored.

Unless, of course, the sentencing is that they are forever prohibited from being in possession of firearms.

Archived