SASS Wire Forum

Who lightens 73 carriers 38/357

Rootin Tootin

I have a number of small brass carriers in 38/357 that need lightening. I want to compare them against the aluminum that I have been running for the past couple of years in my 73's.. One rifle has the PG coil spring and the other has the split groove flat spring. I'm running to fast lately and jacking at least 2 rounds a match. I want to see if the additional weight will help eliminate the problem....I don't seem to have the issue with an engraved 66 that I use sparingly. . Starting to see wear on the aluminum as well.......Who can do it and what should I expect for a fare price???

Thanks...........RT

Man, you are really becoming a gamer. There is no way a country boy like me can keep up with the likes of you. l sure missed seeing you this year. Been a bad year for shooting for me. Seems like something always comes up when I have a shoot scheduled. Plan on next year being better.

Dee Mak

hey RT if your jacking shells out I think you should just slow down.!!! went back to brass carrier awhile ago and not looking back.......missed seeing you are gunsmoke just too busy to visit and we didn't posse up this year GW

Hey Dee Mac.........talked with 3 Dueces on Sunday and heard about your issues this year.....I've been hoping to see you this year but heard you were bouncing from one issue to another. No place to go but up.

That line of poor old country boy is funny....Stay healthy my friend and heal so we can match up again next year.....Senior Duelist's rule....RT

G W I missed not shooting with you folks from up NOOOORTH. Did see Johnny and said Hey.....I can't slow down.. My switch has two positions.. WIDE OPEN or STOP........Glad to hear you had good luck going back to brass......I'm hoping that solves my problem... I never thought a 69 yr old guy could over run his hammer, but that seems to be the issue......Thanks for the well wishes and info........

.Maybe next year at GS. or drop me a line about a month ahead of your big match and I'll see if I can make it...............I'll be at WR this year. Any chance you're going.in Feb............Regards...........RT

the guys keep picking on me to go to WR but end of feb not great time for me. good to hear from you and a have the same problem===the 2 position switch GW

Archived