SASS Wire Forum

Chokes for the Stoeger Supreme

Orient Express

Hi pards,

I have a Stoeger Coachgun Supreme with the 2 factory removable chokes. Does anyone know what brand of choke they are, or what compatible brands will fit as I want more open chokes? Down here in Australia we don't have access to the range you guys have so sourcing anything gun-related is very difficult.

Thanks.

Go to your local sporting good store and by Winchokes.

You must purchase the flush chokes, as the chokes that extend beyond the end of the barrel are illegal is SASS.

They say Winchokes, but really the Browning Invectors are the better choice. They do not extend out of the barrel, and are SASS legal. Both styles have the same threads. Do not confuse with Invector Plus chokes.

I have and shoot a Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme, and I have Improved Cylinder Browning Invectors in it. After much testing and patterning, the I.C. chokes proved to throw the best patterns for our game.

Capt. Clark,

Beretta style chokes are completely different and will NOT fit a Stoeger.

Winchokes and and Browning Invectors fit many guns, including Mossberg, Weatherby, Browning and Winchester as well as Stoeger.

RBK

I have and shoot a Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme, and I have Improved Cylinder Browning Invectors in it. After much testing and patterning, the I.C. chokes proved to throw the best patterns for our game.

Capt. Clark,

Beretta style chokes are completely different and will NOT fit a Stoeger.

Winchokes and and Browning Invectors fit many guns, including Mossberg, Weatherby, Browning and Winchester as well as Stoeger.

RBK

Thanks for the info RBK. I too have Cyl chokes in my supreme which came from Stoeger, and agree they work well. I knew they were a popular type, but which style slipped my mind! :blush:

I bought my cylinder choke tubes from Stoeger. Since switching from the factory I.C and M, to both C, I miss less often. Or maybe I'm getting better? Not really sure...

Original factory Winchokes DO IN FACT extend past the end of the barrel approx. 1/4 inch, and the extended part is knurled.

Aftermarket Winchokes do not extend past the end of the barrel, and are flush, as are Browning Invectors.

To be SASS legal, chokes cannot extend past the end of the barrel.

RBK

Archived