SASS Wire Forum

Identify the movie

Alpo

Jimmy Stewart western. At the end, in the climactic battle scene, he has his right hand all bandaged up, and is resting his '73 Winchester on his right wrist and shooting with his left hand.

They showed THAT MUCH of the movie, on a TV set, in Walk, Don't Run.

I thought I knew all his westerns, but that did not look familiar.

The dweeb in the movie announced to the room at large, "Oh, I've seen this programme before. That's the man that did it," and the cut to Jimmy shooting the rifle.

I spelled "programme" with an E, because the dweeb is an Englishman, so that is the correct spelling. :P

Yep, that's the scene. Thanks.

At first I thought you meant two minutes into the movie. I'm thinking, "No. He's shoveling salt at two minutes". Then I realized you meant two minutes into the clip.

I'm tired. :)

Always liked that movie.

It's got a lot of the Western "tropes" (is that the word?): the schoolmarm (or maybe the storekeeper's daughter); the stranger with a past, lot tougher than he looks; the grasping cattle baron, wants to take over the last of the smallholders; the tough old holdout (in this case a woman); the no-account son of the baron, all full of hostility and wrongheadedness....has it all!

Northwest Passage was Spencer Tracy and Marcus Welby MD.

I think, maybe, you mean The Far Country, where Jimmy and Walter Brennan take a herd of cows up to Alaska.

I just saw The Far Country the other night and Jimmy Stewart's hand is bandaged up at the end. Maybe it was that movie?? :unsure:

Do my eyes decieve me, or is Jimmy Stewarts left hand bandaged earlier in that clip?

Archived