SASS Wire Forum

Blue Angels, Golden Gate Bridge

Subdeacon Joe

"Fleet Week."

One of the few things we can give DiFi credit for during her reign as mayor.

A couple of notes though...

For the first Fleet Week all went well 'cept for one thing. The city officials forget to tell anyone that the Angels would be practicing. Blue jets came whizzing about the Financial District and the po-lice switchboards were swamped with calls - "Halp! We is under attack!!"

I almost fell outta my chair laughing when I saw the newscast that night... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those guys are a wonderful, crazy, inspiring, and heartwarming sight.

They fly those birds like they are a part of the machine.

They are usually a fixture in the Sea Fair event each August here in Seattle.

Years ago, when my wife worked downtown, and before the jbirds downtown

restricted their flight they would fly through the towers of skyscrapers. My wife

said that she would open the window and look out to see them come down her street.

It was an old building and had movable windows. LOL.

Meh. Didn't fly under it.

;)

Eh....there are some shots of them doing that from other years (and likely from this year, too). But to catch it framed in the towers...now that's unusual!

Oh....if you look at the opening in the tower under the aircraft, you can see one of the old gun emplacements on the Marin side of the Gate.

I love the rooster tails on the low fly byes. The news here had photos of todays flight and an excellent still of the F-18 between the towers. The only thing that ticked me off was they did not give credit to the Blue Angels, I mean it was obvious, but there are a lot of people out there that don't know who they are. Give credit where credit is due, they deserve it.

Archived