SASS Wire Forum

Commercial ammo supplier - .38sp, new shooter in GA

Krazy Kajun

We had a new shooter that started last week, actually bought a SASS Life membership before starting to shoot...now there is commitment. Anyway he does not reload and really did not have the all of the right ammo to shoot the match so I gave him some of mine for him to shoot in his rifle. I reload for myself but do not do commercial reloading and don't know anyone around the NE Georgia area that does except Georgia Arms and their website says that due to component shortages they do not have any for sale. I also called them and found that such was the case.

So, I've searched the SASS forums and did not find any recently dated posts about what SASS commercial ammo suppliers are still in business. So can you help me help out a new shooter? He does not have any brass to ship to the reloader to help offset the cost so he will need complete loaded rounds. He needs .38sp 125gr (or something close to that bullet weight) TC cowboy loads, 500-1000 rounds that he can buy and have shipped to his residence in Georgia. He is shooting a 86 Uberti rifle (thank you Cassalong Hopidy) in .38sp and a pair of Ruger Vaqueros in .357.

Thanks,

Kajun

The last gun show I attended, Georgia Arms was there and they had some cowboy ammo. I had hoped this meant that they were ready to fill orders. Sorry to hear that they cannot. That's the place I always recommend.

He can get starline brass and shipp them to a Cowboy here in Texas. Im not sure of the details but Gunslinger can certainly advise if he can offer some assistance. PM info will be Texas Gunslinger. I dont want to give out his phone number but I have used his reloading service for a year and a half and never had any problem out of ammo, very afforadable and top quality ammo.

He can get starline brass and shipp them to a Cowboy here in Texas. Im not sure of the details but Gunslinger can certainly advise if he can offer some assistance. PM info will be Texas Gunslinger. I dont want to give out his phone number but I have used his reloading service for a year and a half and never had any problem out of ammo, very afforadable and top quality ammo.

I checked just now and Starline brass is out of stock on .38sp brass.....he can always buy some once fired brass locally and use it.....it's not Starline but will work fine for a new shooter. Thanks for your reply.

In the past I have emailed Georgia Arms with a request for specific ammo in their "Canned Heat" ammo cans, generally 500-1000 rounds. I ask which gun show they can have the ammo ready for pickup, and I pay at the show. Now, because I have done this many times in the past as a regular customer, maybe that helps. It doesn't hurt to ask. I have doubts you

may get the same consideration over the phone. They usually have pretty good stock at the gun shows from what I have seen.

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/georgia_gun_shows.shtml

RRR

I used to live in Carrollton. About 10 minutes from Villa Rica and Georgia Arms. Shot on their range every weekend and was part of their "club". That was many years ago, but no matter where I was, I continued to buy my ammo from them at various shows. In the past few years, they have seriously curtailed their show schedule and shipping is a "b-tch". Shortages seem to have affected all of us from the manufacturers down to the shooters. Of late I have been buying "cowboy ammo" from Gunfire Arms. Kid Celero is one of us and a great guy. He advertises in the "Chronicle". I have used a lot of his loads and never a misfire or a jam. Just Google it. I think your new cowboy will be more than pleased.

The key consideration is how well the ammo works through the leverguns.

For years I directed my rifle customer to "Ts" ammo for his long loaded 1.5" cowboy 38's.

DSCN0526.jpg

This style ammo works really well in these guns. But, Roy retired so I was recommending Ammo Direct.

Well, now they are out of business . (had a fire I believe)

Here is the source I send folks to now.

Contact

CUSTOM AMMO & RELOADING SERVICES,LLC

817-326-3855

Email; landjb7@charter.net

They sell this ammo and will also reload your brass, too.

Thanks for everyone that has posted or sent me PMs.....I think we have a supplier.

To those who have commented about Georgia Arms I checked their website and called them yesterday and they are currently not shipping any of their cowboy ammunition due to a lack of brass. The nice folks there said that they are expecting to receive some soon and that if you are looking at buying some from them that you should check back in a week or so.

Kajun

Archived