SASS Wire Forum

Comancheria Days 2014

Agarita Annie

Howdy Friends-Agarita Annie down here in Texas with the Texican Rangers. Just wanted to remind everyone that the fun and exciting Comancheria Days 2014 is just around the corner...shoot dates are April 10-13.

The Texican Rangers are very PROUD to announce that we are celebrating our 20th anniversary and are truly honored to have been able to shoot at the beautiful and historic Stieler Ranch in the Texas Hill Country for all that time!

Shooting Iron Miller, our Match Director, has some fun in store for all of us. For those of you who have shot with us before, we will have Blazing Saddles as a Side Match on Thursday. To make this CD even more fun, on Friday, after the first day of Main Match shooting we will be having Blazing Saddles-1911 edition. Yes you read that right, we will be riding the barrel and shooting the 1911.....can there be more FUN!

We welcome you to visit our newly redone website at texicanrangers.org for all things TR and Comancheria Days to include registration forms and a list of registered shooters.

Hope to see you in April at the Stieler Ranch.....until then safe travels and many days of fun shooting.

Howdy Agarita Annie: Will be at Comancheria Days looking to have a great fun filled shoot and meet some new folks.

See you all on the range:

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

Peoria, Arizona

Howdy Again....Agarita Annie here. Well Comancheria Days 2014 is fast approaching for the Texican Rangers in the beautiful Texas Hill Country shooting at the historic Stieler Ranch. Just want to say the registrations are coming in great and THANKS to registration #25 Yuma Jack, to #50 A.D. Texaz and to #75 Woodsy Lore. Who will be #100 and #125? They could be you! Registration forms and information about this great shoot and our 20th anniversary can be found at our website: http://texicanrangers.org We'd love to have you come on down and join us in the fun. Fun starts on Thursday April 10th and runs thru Sunday, April 13th. There is nothing prettier than the Texas Hill Country in the spring with all the wildflowers, assuming we get a little rain before hand to help them out! There is nothing more fun than Cowboy Shooting so what is your excuse?

Have you decided if you're giving away chocolate prizes for the winners of the posse/team shoot again? That posse shoot is a bucket of fun. And this range, if you haven't been there, is one of the most "western" looking shooting facilities in the US. It's worth the trip to shoot there. Great people, great shoot, and Texas Jacks in Fredericksburg.

Newt Ritter-only you can give out chocolate Easter bunnies! Our theme this year is Gunslingers of the Old West and I've haven't seen them rendered in chocolate but who knows??????

• 1 month later...

It's Agarita Annie again!

Well we are fast approaching 150 shooters for Comancheria Days 2014.

We are only fourteen days from the start of our 20th Anniversary Celebration. The Texican Rangers are truly blessed to have had the opportunity to shoot all those years at the same place, the historic Stieler Ranch.

If you have not gotten your registration in, what are you waiting for? Application forms can be found on our website under the

Events Tab and the Comancheria link. www.texicanrangers.org

We hope you can come on down to the Texas Hill Country and join us for the fun and festivities.

• 2 weeks later...

Great place to have a shoot. If you been waiting to shoot in the hill country, this is it.

Congratulations to all of the winners at Comancheria Days,

Overall champions :

Ladies: Barbary Coast

Men's: Phanton

I appreciate all of the hard work by the Texican Rangers

It was a very good match.

Looking forward to the 20th anniversary shoot next year!

A.D.

Phanton... :o:P

Great match! Although Dragon Hill Dave (CLASSIC COWBOY) cleaned my clock, Lady Ghost and I had a great time! Thanks to all the TEXICAN RANGERS for a job well done.

Don't forget that the Texicans are hosting a TSRA REGIONAL MATCH, the 30th of August. That's on the 5th weekend (Saturday) and on Sunday, they are having their monthly Wild Bunch Match. So, shoot the TSRA REGIONAL Saturday and stay over and shoot the TEXICAN Wild Bunch Sunday. I am.

Ghost

This was a great match! Even the weather pretty much cooperated! Good stages, good scenarios, good food and even more important GREAT people! Shootin Iron Miller was a wonderful Match Director and everyone associated with the match did an excellent job! My hat's off to you!

PS Phantom----Didn't they spell it PhantoN at a state match down there a few years back? or was that Christmas in July??? Congratulations on your win---However it is spelled!

This was a great match! Even the weather pretty much cooperated! Good stages, good scenarios, good food and even more important GREAT people! Shootin Iron Miller was a wonderful Match Director and everyone associated with the match did an excellent job! My hat's off to you!

PS Phantom----Didn't they spell it PhantoN at a state match down there a few years back? or was that Christmas in July??? Congratulations on your win---However it is spelled!

Thanks Hawkshaw!!!

Yea...someone...can't remember if it was one of my California "Friends"...or if it was here in Texas. So long as I still get a banquet dinner ticket, I don't care what they call me.

:P

Archived