SASS Wire Forum

OK, Californians, it's time to call and write the Governor.

Subdeacon Joe

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/09/14/5737010/gun-bills-on-browns-desk-have.html

Bills heading to Gov. Jerry Brown

AB 48 (Nancy Skinner, D-Berkeley) – Bans magazine repair kits

AB 170 (Steven Bradford, D-Gardena) – Prohibits businesses from getting assault weapon permits

SB 374 (Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento) – Bans detachable magazines in rifles

SB 567 (Hannah-Beth Jackson, D-Santa Barbara) – Redefines “shotguns”

SB 755 (Lois Wolk, D-Davis) – Expands list of crimes resulting in ban from owning firearms

AB 1131 (Nancy Skinner, D-Berkeley) – Increases prohibition periods after credible threat of violence

AB 180 (Rob Bonta, D-Alameda) – Allows city of Oakland to pass its own gun regulations

AB 500 (Tom Ammiano, D-San Francisco) – Allows Department of Justice additional time to run background checks

SB 299 (Mark DeSaulnier, D-Concord) – Requires lost or stolen firearm reporting

SB 683 (Marty Block, D-San Diego) – Requires gun buyers to take a firearm safety class and earn a safety certificate.

SB 475 (Mark Leno, D-San Francisco) – Requires county approval for gun shows at the Cow Palace

AB 169 (Roger Dickinson, D-Sacramento) – Limits transfer of unsafe handguns

AB 711 (Anthony Rendon, D-Lakewood) – Bans use of lead ammunition

AB 231 (Phil Ting, D-San Francisco) – Adds criminal liability for firearm storage that endangers a child

And, to make it easy: https://www.firearmspolicy.org/the-issues/california/2013-2014/askbrown/

Now - I just want to know how many legitimate law-abiding citizens eventually use their firearms for criminal activilty....compared to the unlawful crooks who acquire such weapons from illegal means..and use such weapons for illegal means...

I mean - really? these laws ONLY HURT THE LAW ABIDING CITIZEN!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

As fast as they are passing gun laws in California, you could be legal one day and a felon the next.........and not even know it.

Bob, you could change the stock on a rifle and become an instant criminal for owning an eeeee.....vvvviiilllll Assault Rifle.

I have a pre written email to Jerry, twice a day I send it to him numerous times, once for each bill sitting on his desk.

What scares me is that most of these WILL become law because Jerry will do NOTHING. He can claim he wasn't for the bills because he didn't sign them.... the result is the same, they become LAW.

EVERYONE needs to write and call numerous times a day and force him to VETO the bills. That's the only way to prevent these stupid one sided bills from deteriorating our 2nd amendment rights.

Looks like I may be renting a storage locker in Arizona next year til I can get retired and MOVE!

I have antique firearms that will now have to be registered as "ASSAULT WEAPONS"!

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

JJJ-D

I call and write, even though I know it's a waste of time. The liberals who are running the legislative and executive shows in California don't care what we think. Never have, never will.

Unfortunately, too many gun owners think it's a waste of time but DON'T write or call. If enough of us, as in 10,000 to 15,000 in each assembly and state senate district, were to call and write every week, we would bury them with our concerns. If they are spending 500 to 750 man-hours per week dealing with politely outraged gun owners, they WILL listen.

19 days left to do your part to convince Jerry to VETO all the gun bills.....

Just think how satisfied you will be if you call or write LOTS and we win!

Don't give up, keep sending those cards and letters.....

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed my daily emailll and phone call to the governors office...... only takes 10 minutes or so.

JUST DO IT!

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Archived