SASS Wire Forum

New buckarette shooter at Paradise Pass

Short Term Emory

Today at the Paradise Pass member shoot we had the true pleasure of shooting with Kaya. She's 13 years old and today was her 1st official CAS match and she shot like a pro. Her daddy, Michigan Slim should be mighty proud of this girl. She shot better today than some guys 3 times her age(Slim).....😜 I reckon I'd be proud to have her on my posse any day!!!

I want to thank everyone there today for making her as comfortable as could be. She had so much fun today. Once she got over the nerves of the first couple stages and two Henry's jamming up, she did really well. She's hooked! And, yeah, she beat me at a couple side matches....... And she tried a .45-70 for the first time and clanged the buffalo waaaay out there. Thanks to all again!

I couldn't be prouder!

Cool beans!!

These are the kind of posts everyone should be jumping on! More posts like this and our sport (and our country) would be in a better place. Congratulations on getting your daughter involved... I hope she really enjoyed it and continues to shoot, because the memories you guys will make, doing something you both love together, will be priceless. Every daddy should teach their daughter to shoot! Congratulations and enjoy every moment!

Good for you on introducing her to the sport, and congratulations to her for getting over her nerves and doing well.

Most of the time the wire infuriates me but post like this one about super young lady makes all the other stuff seem almost worth it.Kaya has been at our shoots working and watching. She is truly an asset to our sport.

Sage Chick hit it right. SASS is an excellent family sport. The memories are priceless. If there is anything we can do to help let us know. Tell her congrats and we hope to meet her soon.

Well, it's the day after and she is still tellin everyone about beating me at speed rifle.... and long range pistol...... Did I miss anything there Short Term?

In a bit she is going to start cleaning all the guns and reloading all the brass we cleaned last night while I put brakes on mommas truck.

Thanks again to all who helped her. From loaning a rifle and pistol, to the box of .22s I ran short, good advice for future equipment, and on and on.

Can't say enough for the group we have at Paradise. I came to shoot and stayed for the people.

Can't wait for next weekend!

Mark

Ya gotta love this sport....congrats to you both....make those memories....hope to see you both real soon.

KK

Archived